Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking at the front fender of my graphite 09 and realized I really didnt like the color. It doesn't fit with the rest of the bike being the off grey that it is so I decided to pull it off and hit it with some Plasti-dip I had laying around.

30 min later I had it back on and couldnt be happier - it really looks 1000x better and how it should've out of the factory. Blends right in with the flat black on the frame. If you've got a graphite bike I highly recommend it.

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
If you really wanted to show a difference, a pic of before and after in the same light and position would have been nice. I cant tell with those pics.
Yeah same. I'm like, what color was it before lol? Maybe that says it is looks like it should be oem.

Reactions: 520FZ09

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Depending on the year, you have to unclip the brake line hose stay. I have never removed the fender with the wheel on. You may have to carefully remove one of the brake calipers and hang it from the top radiator tab with a couple of zip-ties to keep pressure off the hose to wrangle the fender off. Twist the fender 45° as you lift it forward.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
How hard is it to removed the fender for this? Just the allen bolts?
very easy to remove with wheel and tire on. just finesse it... had mine off 3 times now. (unfortunately) lol

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
very easy to remove with wheel and tire on. just finesse it... had mine off 3 times now. (unfortunately) lol
Is that the KZ in the background? Kinda looks like a Honda 4 cyl café racer.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Background where?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Is that the KZ in the background? Kinda looks like a Honda 4 cyl café racer.
Sorry, forgot to quote you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,155 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Seems to be the brake lines attached as well, in addition to the allen bolts, so I guess I'll have to get those off somehow.

·
Registered
35 Posts
How hard is it to removed the fender for this? Just the allen bolts?
Ok it was actually pretty simple, once I finally was able to look closely. Gotta undo the brake line clasps (3) and pop those out, then move the overlapping/crossed line down to shimmy the fender out! Wrrrrd up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts