Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I cancelled my trip to the gap, I decide to go back to the track. I signed up for Sunday 10/10 at PittRace. The weather looks like it should be good and the complex is very nice. @MK3Brent and @Darf you should come and join me lol.

Guitar accessory Gesture Finger Font Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Only like 7.5hours ride up there. :LOL:
I will have to make the trip in the spring. Hoping to get my wheels and tires by then... It's been a shitshow here lately trying to get that sorted.

I'm glad you're going again, and so soon since your last one. You're going to have a blast and I hope you have amazing pre-fall weather.

What are your goals for this trip?

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only like 7.5hours ride up there. :LOL:
I will have to make the trip in the spring. Hoping to get my wheels and tires by then... It's been a shitshow here lately trying to get that sorted.

I'm glad you're going again, and so soon since your last one. You're going to have a blast and I hope you have amazing pre-fall weather.

What are your goals for this trip?
My goals are to get my butt out of the saddle and try not to drag my toes. Basically focus on body position and being smooth. Since I know the race line at this track that will be one less thing I need to worry about.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Good goals! I'm sure you took off the peg feelers by now too.
Biggest piece of advice I got was to really exaggerate your position. Get your head far forward and low, and your lower body will follow.
You going to get any GoPro videos for us this time? :p

·
Registered
Batmobile
861 Posts
I use a handlebar mount and I have a sticky mount under my tail. Just make sure you tether your camera. They aren't really picky with mounting, but you don't want to lose the camera on the track.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
3,089 Posts
My goals are to get my butt out of the saddle and try not to drag my toes. Basically focus on body position and being smooth.
Remember to get your butt into the proper position before you get to the turn and start to brake. Once you’re on the brakes and turning in, you don’t want to be shifting your weight around… 😉

Reactions: Muc

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Also, you gonna bring anything new to your paddock setup?
Next season I'm upgrading my chair and will probably get one of these bad boys...

Product Sleeve Font Camera accessory Gadget

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also, you gonna bring anything new to your paddock setup?
Next season I'm upgrading my chair and will probably get one of these bad boys...

View attachment 167430
What's that a glycol chilling vest! That might be slightly overboard. No changes to my pit set up this go round. I'll be making those adjustments during the off season. I found some guys to pit with so I'll see how some regulars do it and take notes.

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Remember to get your butt into the proper position before you get to the turn and start to brake. Once you’re on the brakes and turning in, you don’t want to be shifting your weight around… 😉

Definitely true in my case with the extra weight in carrying around. I can be both an advantage and a curse just have to know how to use it.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
What's that a glycol chilling vest! That might be slightly overboard. No changes to my pit set up this go round. I'll be making those adjustments during the off season. I found some guys to pit with so I'll see how some regulars do it and take notes.
Ice water system that circulates around in the vest. :cool:

You can wear the vest on under your leathers and detach via the umbilical cords before your session. (Never take it off the vest.)

Super neat and should really keep you comfortable on those scorcher summer days.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Definitely true in my case with the extra weight in carrying around. I can be both an advantage and a curse just have to know how to use it.
Back when I first started club racing, our club president was (and still is) a very large dude, but he was one fast mofo. I learned a lot chasing his big ass around! 🤓

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Reminds me, I think I posted this before... But there was a big guy hauling ass on the snake. Made it on one of those RNickey Mouse videos.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Damn… 👍

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ice water system that circulates around in the vest. :cool:

You can wear the vest on under your leathers and detach via the umbilical cords before your session. (Never take it off the vest.)

Super neat and should really keep you comfortable on those scorcher summer days.

How much that thing cost? I could see it being really nice mid summer!

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Have fun Mark..sorry the gap thing got moved around because of the weather ...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts