Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a long shot but has anyone figured out the correct Pitbull front stand pin for the FZ09? Contacted them and they have not had a chance to fit one yet, tried a couple of my old ones from the R6 and GSXR750 but the bar is pretty much sitting on the bottom of the headlight.

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
I'll get you an answer here in a few minutes.....gotta walk out to the garage.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
OK, I'm back. The "standard" pin will work, which is 19mm in diameter. I used that pin while put the bike up and removed the front forks for the new springs. You will have to move the horn out of the way though.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
This thread: http://www.yamahafz09.com/forum/32-...w-s/429-misc-info-fz-09-maintenance-jobs.html

Has: Triple Tree type lift Pin Size = 20mm

It is the Woodcraft size I got, works well. From Vern's experience 19mm works too, be sure the bike is stable on a spooled rear stand lol.

Edit: With the Woodcraft stand I didn't need to move the horn. I already liked the stand from using it with a SV650.
That's funny Bob.......I forgot that I put that info in the thread and walked all the way out to my detached garage to measure the lifting pin in my Pit Bull stand. Oh well, got to "pet" the redhead while I was out there and say hello to the others.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, now I just need to dig up the stock pin! Have three of them laying around and none of them are the standard one, time to organize the garage and I am sure I will come across it.

Appreciate it!

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Thanks guys, now I just need to dig up the stock pin! Have three of them laying around and none of them are the standard one, time to organize the garage and I am sure I will come across it.

Appreciate it!
No problem, what else we gonna do in the middle of winter! :cool:

Reactions: MasonMoto#1

·
Registered
877 Posts
I put 2X6 blocks under the wheels of my LP stand.
That's what I did at first.

A better way that gives more clearance to boot, was I got a 1 inch piece of aluminum stock and

made a longer pin that that had the size to fit the FZ 09 on one end and the LP lift on the other,

with 1 inch or unfinished material in the middle -=- to act as a shoulder and a spacer, so the extra lift made the wood unnecessary.

It's good to have a lathe, :cool:

Reactions: ridetofish

·
Registered
877 Posts
OK, I'm back. The "standard" pin will work, which is 19mm in diameter. I used that pin while put the bike up and removed the front forks for the new springs. You will have to move the horn out of the way though.
The extended homemade pin -=- made for the LP stand gave more clearance so horn was not in the way.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Dolan, you suck. I lost my lathe access when my buddy Oz Cheek moved to Carson City, Nevada.
Can make you a pin -=- for LP stand in about 5 minutes, including a trip to the garage fridge. :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
This thread: Misc. Info for FZ 09 Maintenance jobs.....

Has: Triple Tree type lift Pin Size = 20mm

It is the Woodcraft size I got, works well. From Vern's experience 19mm works too, be sure the bike is stable on a spooled rear stand lol.

Edit: With the Woodcraft stand I didn't need to move the horn. I already liked the stand from using it with a SV650.

Looking at the Woodcrafts pin chart is say's 19mm. Looks like this is the stand I want to get but now I'm not sure to order it with 19 or 20mm pin.
Chart: https://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/Assets/application-guides/pinchart.pdf

v2bob is this the stand you have working with FZ-09? https://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=22-0100

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
The 20mm is great, IMO only use a 19mm if that is what you already have for another bike and don't mind a little slop.

I don't know why the Woodcraft chart says 19mm, probably someone told them 19mm will work and didn't check to see if it is the best. I should email them.

My stand is about 14 years old, still works great, trivial differences to the new one, paint etc.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
A few wraps of tape (hockey tape for us Canadians) will work to get rid of a small bit of sloppiness. I have used the socket method in the past as well.

I also had a friend fabricate a front stand pin for me. In hindsight, I probably should have asked him to make the section of thickened shank longer to get the front wheel further off of the floor. I will probably relocate the horn as many others have done.

Reactions: doozerdave

·
Registered
320 Posts
Since google brought me to this old thread, I thought I would put here for future reference, Pit Bull lists a "#4" pin as correct for this bike.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Since google brought me to this old thread, I thought I would put here for future reference, Pit Bull lists a "#4" pin as correct for this bike.
Really? The guide on Revzilla says it uses the standard pin, which is what I've been using.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts