Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Looks like it's a deal on the discontinued PURE tire, not the 2CT, although the Pure does have dual compounds of course. Regardless, great price on a nice tire.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are correct, my bad. I corrected my post, but cannot edit the thread title.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I really didn't like that tire on my CBR600. Didn't inspire confidence and slid all over the place, even with lower psi levels. Basically, the worst sport bike tire that i ever put on... just saying...

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
That tire sticks really well, if the pressure is correct. If it gets too hot though, it will get greasy. They are a discontinued tire, but they are a good tire. Pretty much wears like the old Pilot Power. On hot days, say 85+ degrees and ridden hard, I'd run 32/32 cold pressure

·
Registered
154 Posts
This actually made it to my SlickDeals news feed. That's the first time I have seen motorcycle tires on there. I would be curious to see what the date code on these tires is.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
If......and that's a big if, the tire is stored in a temperature controlled warehouse, 3 to 4 years old would not be a problem for that tire. For those of you that aren't aware of how to find the date code on a tire. Look on the side of the tire (could be on either side of the tire, there is no standard for where it's placed) and when you see a rectangular box with 4 numbers in it, that will be your date of production numbers. Example 3511 = 35th week of 2011. 4813 = 48th week of 2013..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts