Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post here. Anyway I've been researching on a new bike most of the winter and decided on the Fj09 .I'm pretty excited about getting it and found these forums this weekend. Good resource to share my experiences and gain some knowlege. I'll post pics later this week. Oh and I live in Knoxville TN. I noticed I had a few neighbors on here while browsing . Happy riding.:cool:

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Welcome to the forum.....and congrats on getting a new FJ. I've seen one other one in the area, but it's not exactly been good riding weather around here just yet. I'm in the Murvil area, so probably see you around on the bike one of these days when the weather starts to cooperate a little more. Which dealer did you buy from if I might ask?

·
Vendor
2,404 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats!

My buddy has been eyeballing the FJ-09 real hard.
I really hope he gets it so I can swap with him for a day

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Welcome. Congratulations on your choice. Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Props for doing research before you picked one. From what I hear...you made a good choice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had mine for about two weeks now. Just did the 600 mile oil change today. I think you will be impressed. I've owned about fifty bikes in my forty plus years of riding. This is one of the few that really impresses me. It does just about everything well. Let us know what you think. Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
2,935 Posts
Hey there east TN rider. Why don't you slide that new bad boy over to the Rally in early June. It's certainly not to late to make plans and you should have that FJ just about broken in. The Rally could use some 07 and FJ representation.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome and lets meet up a few times this year. Mine is still getting the suspension done and hope to have it back any day now. I live Chattanooga and always ride up in your area.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK, I got the bike on Tuesday. I gotta say I was a little nervous just because of all the clips and reviews and write ups i had read, but when I got on it the position just felt natural. The power was nice from the triple. It corners very well and is a joy to ride so far. The bike seems to fit me very well. So far only a hundred miles so i am still breaking it in easy but already get a nice thrill keeping it under 7k . I felt the TC control kick in on a few occasions without much pushing and in third and above it has really nice acceleration. I look forward to doing some rides this spring so Ill need some information on those. Is there a spot on the forums for listing those? I guess I need to look around a little more. I'm at work now so I better scoot. ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
OK, I got the bike on Tuesday. I gotta say I was a little nervous just because of all the clips and reviews and write ups i had read, but when I got on it the position just felt natural. The power was nice from the triple. It corners very well and is a joy to ride so far. The bike seems to fit me very well. So far only a hundred miles so i am still breaking it in easy but already get a nice thrill keeping it under 7k . I felt the TC control kick in on a few occasions without much pushing and in third and above it has really nice acceleration. I look forward to doing some rides this spring so Ill need some information on those. Is there a spot on the forums for listing those? I guess I need to look around a little more. I'm at work now so I better scoot. ;)
Was that you on the Gap this weekend? Saw pics of a red one with luggage on some photo highlights, I just stayed on the Skyway for some higher speed runs and went home. PM me and let's hook up and ride!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Was that you on the Gap this weekend? Saw pics of a red one with luggage on some photo highlights, I just stayed on the Skyway for some higher speed runs and went home. PM me and let's hook up and ride!
Hey, That was not me on the red, I have the matte gray. I was up there March 29. I will PM you so we can do some riding, this weekend looks very rainy though.
Bike is doing great I did my first oil change at about 500 miles and now I have close to 700 on it. Really enjoying getting out on it every day it's nice. I finally got my full riding gear ordered plus rain gear so I'm pretty much set. :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts