Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've been lurking around the forums for a few months whilst waiting for the bike to come in - I got the call yesterday and pick up the Graphite/Blue today. It's been frustrating how opaque the whole shipping thing has been:

Tuesday: I ring the dealer for an update (been doing so weekly since I made a deposit back in September). I speak to SalesGuy...

SG: "Yeah we've had a couple come through... they've all been sold..."
Me: "Hang on a minute - I'm #2 on the list - what do you mean you've had 'a few' come through!!!!"
SG: "Oh... you made a deposit?"
Me: <insert harsh response here concerning the legitimacy of SG's parentage/>
SG: "... let me get the Sales Manager..."
A few moments pass...
SM: "Sorry for the screwup - he's an idiot. We've had one come through - #1 picked that one up. We have no clue when the next one will be in"

Wednesday:

SM: "Hey - a truck just pulled up - we have 4 FZ09's in there - 3 G/B and one Red - when do you want to pick it up?"

All's well that ends well!

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
Congratulations man....it's exciting Times isn't it? Based on where you live, are you going to get some time in the saddle before springtime?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The crazy thing about Denver is that we can have a foot of snow one day, then solid sunshine for days - if you can stand riding in the cold there's plenty of opportunity for riding :) I'm english so cold and wet are par for the course for me.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Congratulations!

Sounds like my interactions with the local dealer. Except without a single truck with an FZ-09 rolling up. :(

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Yes I had a trying experience getting mine. I was #1 at my dealership and the deal was struck with the General Manager and some sales person sold it out without notifying him first. But like you said all ends well. Your gonna enjoy it, it's like no bike you've ever ridden.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Congrats! I thought mine was never going to come in! My dealer mentioned that there was some sales promotion for the dealers that ended last week and he thought maybe they weren't shipping the bikes because they would be so easy to sell fast making it easy for the dealers to achieve the sales goals. Who knows? Glad your waiting is over! Have fun and enjoy this bike!

Daniel

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
The crazy thing about Denver is that we can have a foot of snow one day, then solid sunshine for days - if you can stand riding in the cold there's plenty of opportunity for riding :) I'm english so cold and wet are par for the course for me.
But in England do you have to worry about sand on the roads that was spread for the recent snow? That's what sucks about riding other wise nice winter days in Indiana.

Congrats.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
That calls for a Woot! If you don't have any heated gear, four or five layers is good for riding in the high 30s... sure you might be one of two riders on the road, but it'll be worth it. :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Really want one myself, enjoy!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Sounds great. Looking forward to reading about your initial reaction and first ride impressoins.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Guys,
So I've put 100 miles on it and I have to say I am impressed. I've been riding bikes off and on for over 30 years, but I have had a long break - so I'll admit some of the reviews about the snatchy throttle. etc. had me a trifle concerned, but no problems for me. I've been riding in standard without any issues - I guess the other bikes I have had taught me to be smooth with the throttle :) Seating position is great, saddle is a bit firm for hours of riding, but given the tanks capacity, I won't be riding long enough without having to take a break for fueling for the seat comfort to be too much of a concern. Once I've ridden her though the first service I will probably tweak the suspension a little - I like a firmer setup than the the default they provided.

Loving every minute of it! :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Sounds awesome, thanks for the update. I am picking mine up on Friday. Since the season is over here in NY I probably will only get a couple of rides in until spring. I agree on the suspension. I will ride a season maybe before upgrading springs in forks. Want to see how it handles first. I weigh about 205 so I will see. Upgraded suspension on my SV650 and it made a world of difference.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts