Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved to Asheville three months ago from Columbus Oh. My Bonneville was okay on the areas roads, but not much else. Discovered the FZ-09 on YouTube on the Motor Trend channel. Looked like the perfect bike for the riding that I do. Watched many videos of the new bike, my favorite were from Fluxx43 (one hour long - I watched it twice), CagerOnTwoWheels (very funny) and recently MrJD410 (please keep posting).

Then I discovered and signed up for this forum. A lot of good info and most seem to want to modify their bikes as much as ride.

My bike is Rapid Red serial 1459, it has come with the Dunlops. Second FZ-09 sold by local dealership and the first in red. Sat on the showroom floor for a month and no one had even test driven it.

Randy

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Welcome Blueridge.........you are about 2 1/2 - 3 hours from me. I'm in Maryville, TN, about 30 miles south of Knoxville. Congrats on the new bike...mine's Rapid Red also.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I moved to Asheville three months ago from Columbus Oh. My Bonneville was okay on the areas roads, but not much else. Discovered the FZ-09 on YouTube on the Motor Trend channel. Looked like the perfect bike for the riding that I do. Watched many videos of the new bike, my favorite were from Fluxx43 (one hour long - I watched it twice), CagerOnTwoWheels (very funny) and recently MrJD410 (please keep posting).

Then I discovered and signed up for this forum. A lot of good info and most seem to want to modify their bikes as much as ride.

My bike is Rapid Red serial 1459, it has come with the Dunlops. Second FZ-09 sold by local dealership and the first in red. Sat on the showroom floor for a month and no one had even test driven it.

Randy
Hi Randy,

I'm in Asheville too. We're fortunate to have some of the best roads in the country and perhaps we'll cross paths one day. I have a graphite FZ and haven't seen any other FZ's around town, yet. Looks like Sunday's shaping up to be a great riding day as long as I can fit a ride in before the Panthers take out the 49ers.

Ride safe,

Lane

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Congrats. Please get the tire pressure down to something like 31psi front 32 rear, and take it easy on chilly roads. There's discussions about it in other threads.
I have mine about there...they heat up much faster and feel better in the corners.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats. Please get the tire pressure down to something like 31psi front 32 rear, and take it easy on chilly roads. There's discussions about it in other threads.
Have a whopping sixteen miles on bike. Will spend a rainy Saturday setting up bike.
Can't wait to putting on miles this Sunday!

Thanks to all for info.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Welcome aboard! Picked up mine tonight also, dealer actually prepped an orange and red one along side mine for stock on the showroom floor. Red was my second choice for sure, not feeling the orange for some strange reason.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts