Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Motorcycle accessories

Got these yesterday, gold with red adjusters. They're the short racing levers, they make a huge difference over the stock levers. I didn't realize how crappy the stock ones actually seem / feel.

Considering the relatively low cost of new levers, I'd highly recommend a set of these!

·
Registered
612 Posts
I had mine installed by the dealer before I even took possession of my bike in March, so I actually never used the bike with the stock levers.. You pay a bit more, but the quality is excellent.

Auto part Motorcycle accessories Vehicle Automotive tire Tire

Reactions: Raven

·
Registered
196 Posts
I've been liking my Pazzo's so far, as well. No matter what, I stay away from that chinese knockoff crap.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
i'm not sure if i'm going ASV or Pazzo but these look great -

·
Registered
107 Posts
Pazzo's are the next thing I am ordering. Stoked. F'n A Cotton. F'n A.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
No matter what, I stay away from that chinese knockoff crap.
^This.... for the love of god, this.

The internet is littered with horror stories about cheap Chinese knockoff parts and catastrophic failures, and just plain old incorrectness. Even if your Pazzo knockoff lever never fails, it's f*cked up. I guarantee it.

...oh and those fancy wave rotors you got a great deal on off eBay.... um, yeah... good luck with that...

·
Registered
44 Posts
^This.... for the love of god, this.

The internet is littered with horror stories about cheap Chinese knockoff parts and catastrophic failures, and just plain old incorrectness. Even if your Pazzo knockoff lever never fails, it's f*cked up. I guarantee it.

...oh and those fancy wave rotors you got a great deal on off eBay.... um, yeah... good luck with that...

That would suck

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I've been liking my Pazzo's so far, as well. No matter what, I stay away from that chinese knockoff crap.
I got the chineese knock offs. They work great...and look exactly like the Pazzo, which i checked out before i bought my mad hornets, for the extra money i didn't think there was any appreciable difference. They feel great and look great. But to each their own... 90% of the stuff you own was made in china and is just sold at a marked up price...look at the iPhone.

Pretty eerie similarity and i bet you can't find a difference...I couldn't
Auto part Brake Vehicle Vehicle brake Tire
Bicycle part Vehicle Brake Auto part Lever

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
CRG & ASV - Made in USA (California)
Pazzo - Made in Canada

I would be curious to know how closely you compared prior to buying? Did you physically compare them in person?

Did you click on the link I provided above showing the difference in bend angle, pivot points, and adjustments?

Google "chinese levers lock up" and read the pages and pages of stories from all different moto brands and moto forums... and those stories don't even have anything to do with the incorrectness of the angle/pivot/adjustment.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Lucky, justifying our reasons for not buying Chinese knockoffs won't convince someone not to, especially when they already have. Yeah, they feel the same, but the metals used are of quite a different quality. Reading stories of levers just CRACKING because the pot metal used had voids in it, no thanks.

My rule of thumb, if it helps me go, or stop, it's gotta be quality. I used chinese fairings on my GSX-R, but had FP racing levers and quality pads and rotors.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Meh... I suppose you're right... I shall drop it.

Ignorance is bliss.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I was the first to order Mad Hornets, and I have never snapped a cheap lever, even in the 70's when they were all made of pot metal. Also, I am not one to drop my motorcycle. I don't play hockey with it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts