Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dammit how do I remove the car pics that I uploaded by mistake ?

-- never mind ... found out how...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its gonna get cold here -- a high of 43. I don't want the tires to get flat spots from the cold concrete. I actually intended to put carpetting scraps, but couldn't find any lying around my house. so cardboard for now. You can use wood too for winter storage. Through winter I plan on getting the stands so that the tires are not in contact with the floor.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Did you go to DGY or Dupage Honda Yamaha? I have been thinking about getting the bike, but as it is almost winter, I am thinking to wait till March. How many did the dealer get? Is it easy to negotiate on price or are they adding BS handling, frieght, etc... charges?

Rapid Red in Chicago.

View attachment 607 View attachment 608

Test rode it with the odometer showing 1 mile. Loved it, bought it on the spot.

No kidding about the STD mode and A mode, almost pulled a wheelie during my test ride :p

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I went to both and even Nielsens up in Lake Villa.

DGY is BS. They don't have any on the floor and say that the bike is not released yet --- This when I bought the bike the same day about 3 hours later from Du Page. They quoted $8800 range.

I bought it from Du Page Honda Yamaha because they were the only ones that had Rapid Red which is what I wanted. He said he had already sold 2 liquid graphite ones as well and was going to get some more. He also said that Yamaha was cutting down on orders because they overestimated their production capacity. He had ordered 9 bikes and was getting only 6 now. (don't know if that was just sales pitch to entice me to buy my bike the same day or whether it was actually true)

Nielsens had a liquid graphite and quoted $8816. They called me last week to come in for a test ride, so they might still have the bike. Call them up.

DGY did not give me a breakdown, because he said that the bike is not in their systems yet, so he wouldn't be able to give me a breakdown.

Nielsens and Du Page both had Freight, Handling and Documentation fees. But both reduced the base price from $7990 to $7599(Nielsens) and $7200(Du Page) which is why the OTD price was around $8800 at both which I thought was fair price. I don't care how the money is split up as long as I am paying what I think is a fair price.

·
Registered
881 Posts
An awesome ride! Congratulations and many happy miles to you. I've had mine since last weekend with absolutely zero second thoughts. The FZ-09 is truly something special.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Inxsible wrote:
DGY is BS. They don't have any on the floor and say that the bike is not released yet
They are sooo behind the times.........that was like totally 2 months ago. Seriously, how do they stay in business?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have never purchased anything from DGY, but I went there in 2011 to buy a brand new CBR600RR. The guy who met me at the door was so rude that I decided to go look elsewhere. I am going to go checkout FZ-09 this weekend. Still not sure if I get it now or wait till the Spring. I love the bike so much, but honestly, I don't think I will be able to ride it much until next April.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have never purchased anything from DGY, but I went there in 2011 to buy a brand new CBR600RR. The guy who met me at the door was so rude that I decided to go look elsewhere. I am going to go checkout FZ-09 this weekend. Still not sure if I get it now or wait till the Spring. I love the bike so much, but honestly, I don't think I will be able to ride it much until next April.
I know I won't be able to ride it much this year either. But I couldn't wait for the second shipment. Also the price might go up in the spring.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I know I won't be able to ride it much this year either. But I couldn't wait for the second shipment. Also the price might go up in the spring.
very good point. For some reason dealers are willing to make deals on this bike now, but with demand building over the winter, I'm guessing that will be less likely come good weather...

·
Registered
89 Posts
I doubt that prices will go up. We are talking about motorcycles here. This is a new bike and the price is excellent, but it is hard to sell these bikes at MSRP. I bet you a lot of these will be available as used bikes for around $6K in the summer of 2014. Motorcycles are fun but most people get bored with it in a season or two. That being said, I am totally in love with this bike and if I get a good deal and my desired color, blazing orange, I will pull a triger on one.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I doubt that prices will go up. We are talking about motorcycles here. This is a new bike and the price is excellent, but it is hard to sell these bikes at MSRP. I bet you a lot of these will be available as used bikes for around $6K in the summer of 2014. Motorcycles are fun but most people get bored with it in a season or two. That being said, I am totally in love with this bike and if I get a good deal and my desired color, blazing orange, I will pull a triger on one.
So I called my insurance company to see how much additional FZ-09 would cost me in addition to my Scrambler. They (Progressive) didn't have FZ-09 in their system and obviously I didn't have the VIN number of the bike, as I don't have one yet, but they gave me whopping $1512 quote for full coverage on FZ-09. The full covergage on my Scrambler is roughly ~1/5th of that and it is a more expensive bike. I love the FZ-09, but I don't think I can justify to pay more amout for insurance on it than what I pay for full coverage on my car. So long for owning a Hooligan Bike. :blue:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I saw the FZ-09 on the progressive web site. Did you call or see it on the web site?

Progressive gives me $1030 for full coverage with $500 deductible for Comprehensive and $500 for Collision. Geico quoted $1512 for the same coverage.

I am thinking of only getting liability.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts