Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the bike today...1670 miles..its crashed in the front..... let the repairs begin....

from what I can see, just needs a new left side fork and some plastics.....I'm going to replace both forks just to be sure...might go with better forks when I find out what fits....and probably strip the plastics for now
Ill post pics of the damage and repairs when I get started ..Its going to my son when its done.

00T0T_hgl4apDixRs_600x450.jpg 00u0u_8N9RAnvo4iE_600x450.jpg 01010_alImkGrW1Ck_600x450.jpg

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Nice find. Let the fun begin. :cool:

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Nice man. Those twin motors are rock solid and very peppy. The ninja650 has the same motor as my Versys. Enjoy it, and may your repairs come cheap.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
he's going to love it! Glad he went with this over the super sport.
Me too..I want him to go up in size real slow....last thing I want to see is my kid sliding off the road in front of me (or behind me) ...and we talked about it but he doesn't know I bought it yet...I guess he will find out soon though...:)

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Me too..I want him to go up in size real slow....last thing I want to see is my kid sliding off the road in front of me (or behind me) ...and we talked about it but he doesn't know I bought it yet...I guess he will find out soon though...:)
That's awesome. You guys will have to take a pilgrimage up north to break it in.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
I had a versys 650, they are great motors.
And an R1 shock fits in, by the way, and google will tell you what front ends will fit.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had a versys 650, they are great motors.
And an R1 shock fits in, by the way, and google will tell you what front ends will fit.
I ended up just buying a stock front end...hoping to have it this weekend and start work on the bike....once its on the road, I'll start messing with tuning the suspension and deciding what to go with on the rear..I did read some good things about the R1 shock so that might be an option

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bike is all back together...it wasn't terrible..ended up replacing the forks and triple tree....seems to ride fine but will need to register and insure it before I take any extended rides....but a once around the block showed no problem...

still need to tweak the fairings and get a few more plastic clip thingys to hold them all on..but they are on there pretty well...probably stay on till about 60 MPH the way I have them now...:)

pics are here
Ninja - Album on Imgur

Reactions: Mothy and Obijack
1 - 12 of 12 Posts