Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

I actually picked the bike up back in October but I've been lurking and reading up on this site and finally decided/got around to sign up. So yeah it was a pretty chilly ride home..sweat pants over jeans helped a little. I put the first 300 miles on the bike before it was stored away for the winter. It was pretty tough every morning leaving for work with snow on the ground, to see the bike covered up with an old bed sheet and hooked up to the trickle charger. I kept telling myself.. oh yessss...soon..

First 40ish miles were on some back roads near the dealer to ensure things were working to get me home. Rode 30 miles to work a few times and out on a few short weekend rides. Varied the RPM and load on the engine, pushed hard to redline a few times. Purposely shifted way more frequently than needed early on. First oil change was done this season right around 700 miles..

I've got a few light mods for taste in the works currently, something else planned and on order. I'll try and get some pics going in my own mods thread soon.
All awesome tips and advice I've read so far, ..except that one guy that suggested dumping all the fluids out and revving the engine for a good break in...rofl :laughing11:

Can anyone recommend something for cleaning the wheels? Right after a good soapy water sponge scrubbing it seems like they dust/haze over or something..:(

0 ODO miles, first leaving the dealer on a little test ride before heading home...
photo 3.jpg
photo 2.jpg
photo 1.jpg

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
..except that one guy that suggested dumping all the fluids out and revving the engine for a good break in...rofl :laughing11:
That was me...hopefully you didn't think I was serious..:)

anyway, welcome to the addiction....get some wax on those wheels, it will help keep them cleaner longer ..as far as cleaners, I use S100 bike cleaner, but there are literally dozens of products that will work..I prefer the S100 because it works and I know its safe for all the finished on the bike. ....

Reactions: Dalex and shamrock

·
Registered
475 Posts
Congrats! and welcome to the action attraction...

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Welcome MrGiovanni. I learned here to use WD40 to clean rims and it works great. Give it a try.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Welcome. Nice choice on color. If you think your black wheels get dirty fast, you should take to the guys with blurple wheels lol. If you keep them clean, then all you need to do is wipe them down regularly. Things get more hairy when you let them go for a while. Especially on the rear. I hate chains! Messy dirty things! haha

Reactions: MrGiovanni

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Welcome to the club.
For the blurple wheels, I sometimes use S100, sometimes WD40, sometimes Simple Green Aircraft cleaner- but as mentioned- the clean stays only for a couple of days till you see the dirt come back again.
You've got to be regular with the cleaning!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts