Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on the FZ09 activity I was tracking from California, Texas, Arizona I thought their might be a chance that Colorado would be getting theirs by the end of this week. On Thursday morning I called around to all of the area Yamaha dealers to get a sense of what kind of activity was happening, came back with nothing. Got a call from a very excited sales manager later that day who said it had just arrived. I picked up my FZ09 same day and now the fun begins. No real surprises on the ride home, just a little cheek pain from to much grinning:single_eye:

·
Registered
235 Posts
congrats.. now let's see it! :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got mine yesterday. Rapid Red from Palmdale Supercycles.
The owner, Tom Horton, gave me a real good deal and excellent service on his first received unit.
MSRP, no freight/set-up, just CA tax and license. I'm a real happy camper. Got 50 Miles on it and it works perfectly.
Looking for a small windscreen from the accessory div. @ Yamaha or aftermarket soon.

W

·
0 Posts
I would like to hear more about how the bike works; may go down to my dealer tomorrow to sit on the one comin' in...already was offered a test ride, we will see.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hard to say at this point. I am so used to my Fz6. Compared to that, the FZ09 feels much lighter and more flickable. Some how I managed to click into A mode inadvertently and was really enjoying the acceleration and raw power. Did not realize it until half way home. Then I tried B mode which felt much more tame, especially in lower RPM's Once I got used to the riding position I started to feel much more at home on the FZ09. Compared the to my FZ6, this bike has much better suspension albeit a bit soft up front. I could see new fork springs in the near future.
In town and highway commutes are going to be a blast, but I need to hit the twisties tomorrow to see what it can do.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Congrats! The red looks REALLY sharp.

W

·
0 Posts
Hard to say at this point. I am so used to my Fz6. Compared to that, the FZ09 feels much lighter and more flickable. Some how I managed to click into A mode inadvertently and was really enjoying the acceleration and raw power. Did not realize it until half way home. Then I tried B mode which felt much more tame, especially in lower RPM's Once I got used to the riding position I started to feel much more at home on the FZ09. Compared the to my FZ6, this bike has much better suspension albeit a bit soft up front. I could see new fork springs in the near future.
In town and highway commutes are going to be a blast, but I need to hit the twisties tomorrow to see what it can do.
Sounds great!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Congrtas KoolAid and Bryon! Way To Go!!

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
congrats Koolaid, I'm hoping for next week on mine

·
Registered
160 Posts
just picked mine up yesterday afternoon already got 170 miles on it took a few miles to get adjusted to the ride compared to my 1988 bmw k100 i was riding before

·
Registered
611 Posts
just picked mine up yesterday afternoon already got 170 miles on it took a few miles to get adjusted to the ride compared to my 1988 bmw k100 i was riding before
Congrats! You were busy. Did you happen to note your MPG during the trip?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Based on the FZ09 activity I was tracking from California, Texas, Arizona I thought their might be a chance that Colorado would be getting theirs by the end of this week. On Thursday morning I called around to all of the area Yamaha dealers to get a sense of what kind of activity was happening, came back with nothing. Got a call from a very excited sales manager later that day who said it had just arrived. I picked up my FZ09 same day and now the fun begins. No real surprises on the ride home, just a little cheek pain from to much grinning:single_eye:
hi, i live in denver and was wondering who you went through and what the otd price was. i have been to grandprix before and they are closest to me but i would try someone else to save $$. any feed back would be much appreciated

·
Registered
23 Posts
Best of luck on getting any kind of deal right now. FWIW, the staff at the Yamaha shop here in NW Tucson said that for a bike with such high interest, the big Y wasn't exactly motivated to start cutting prices, regardless of where you go. Not pleasant news, I know, but that may be the reality of the situation during this release phase. If anyone out there can find a dealer who is willing to bargain, please let us know. :encouragement:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts