Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've got my eye on this slip-on as well, but I'm a little skittish about cutting up my stock system. Thanks for the pix!
One question: does this M4 come with any kind of "dB-killer" insert? I don't want mine to get obnoxiously loud, but I'd love to save the weight.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
My dad had said the same thing when he found out I cut the stock system not even a week after having the bike haha. I do not think it has a removable insert but I could be wrong. I like it a lot; it spits blue flames on the overrun. I'll have to get photos of that.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kqlkjtsncs1d8fg/2014-03-21 18.37.43.jpg
There is a screw inside but I think that is just for repacking the can.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've got my eye on this slip-on as well, but I'm a little skittish about cutting up my stock system. Thanks for the pix!
One question: does this M4 come with any kind of "dB-killer" insert? I don't want mine to get obnoxiously loud, but I'd love to save the weight.
Yes, it comes with the DB Killer insert. I like the sound better with it in actually BUT, I like the power/performance more with it out so the squid in me won out so I took it back out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My buddy on his ZX 10 was like "I think you got a sack of potatoes stuck under your bike." i was like wtf? "oh..... hey screw you!"

·
Registered
20 Posts
so did you ever get the M4 slip on? It comes with the mid pipe welded to the muffler and the O2 sensor mount is there as well ! I have one that i bought a few weeks ago that I'll sell for $300....shipped !

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hey cogent Where does the O2 sensor go?
Its still there M4 have just relocated it to the opposite side. Good idea really as you spend most of your time looking at the side that the exhaust sits on and the O2 sensor where it is located stock is a bit of an eyesore.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts