Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I want to ask those tech guys here if you know more about this Japanese Yamaha's genuine optional part called Performance Dumper that will be released in early May 2019.
It basically gives the bike less vibration and make it sturdier. That's all I know.

https://www.ysgear.co.jp/Products/Detail/top/model/1202/item/BS2211H00000

This YouTube video is about a different product that has different name, but what it does is the same, I believe.
Even you don't speak Japanese, you get the idea by watching this video.

BTW, the price is around US$300.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I think that would be "damper", and it looks like it was designed for small bikes and scooters that get overloaded and ridden aggressively, which causes the frame to flex. Not much use on our bikes...

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Oh, I just looked at the video. Yeah, the *Japanese* Yamaha page does show the unit on the 900's. Maybe it gets rid of some buzziness, but I'm not going to be the first to spend money on it to find out...

Translated through Google:

"A motorcycle-only version of the well-established "Performance Damper" mounted on four-wheeled high-performance vehicles.
A vehicle-specific vehicle vibration control damper that suppresses vibration, improves ride comfort and handling, and is more effective in touring and long distance travel.
Use the dedicated stay and collars on the right side of the body frame."

·
Registered
181 Posts
If you want Goldwing smooth, buy a Goldwing. These bikes are what they are.
I don't get why people make these statements. The same can be used for so many things "If you want cruise control, buy a cruiser", "If you want a windscreen, buy an FJ09", "If you want the bike to go faster, buy a litre bike" Everyone has their reasons for purchasing a specific bike and they also have their reasons for modifying it a certain way.

I have no idea if this new product is of any value but if it really dampens movement effectively I could see this improving the overall suspension, making it not work as hard. I really have my doubts though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well, that video says to me is that sr400, xt250 and xmax owners have bought poorly designed and badly specced bikes that need additional bracing to prevent terminal frame flex.
Bit of an own goal there Yamaha!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Well I for one certainly don't want to "dump" any performance from my bike...

·
Registered
155 Posts
I couldn't understand a word. It sounded like he was speaking in some foreign language.
This video is much better:
I do wish the 09 came with a steering dampener though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hmmm, Looks like another overpriced, bolt on piece of crud, that I could waste a few hundred on, not! Unsure what assistance this would afford to any MT rider apart from just something else to keep the front wheel on the ground....... and since when did Yamaha ever sell an accessory apart from a wingnut that cost less than $400?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Yeah, the frame on my XSR900 flexes like it's made out of spaghetti ... right. Who dreams this stuff up? LoL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts