Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love this new shock, but the zip tying to the sub frame is a bit crummy! Has anyone found a nice billet mount or anything of the like? I have searched all over the net and haven't come across anything yet. Any help would be sweet!!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Stainless hose clamps. You can cut some rubber sheet and wrap that under the hose clamps if you want to keep from maring frame and reservoir. Looks industrial but I like that. Ziptie. Will break eventually.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I will see what I can do. Yeah, Zipty's won't last long, especially in the hot sun! Thx!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Ok, I will see what I can do. Yeah, Zipty's won't last long, especially in the hot sun! Thx!
I bought Stainless Steel cable ties (Zipty's-ish) at a local building supply. That was Lowes in Louisville, KY. Mine are 1/4" x 8" and were on clearance 8 for $2.00. I'm sure they are available on the internet. :color: :cool: :color:

UPDATE: Amazon has a selection of Stainless Steel cable ties. Mine look excellent and work excellently.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I just used two jumbo and I do mean jumbo zip ties for mine. Agreed, the steel clamp is not the way to go and scratches everything up. I never thought much about the tie wraps getting sun damaged. Bike is garaged after all. Time will tell

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice, another great idea! I haden't come across the S/S Zip-Ty's so I will see what I can find. Thx!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Anyone know if the reservoir can be mounted on the right side of the bike? I've not seen it on the left, and was wondering if there was a clearance issue, or perhaps the hose want long enough? I have a scottoiler mounted on the left side at the moment so a right side reservoir would be easier for me.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Does someone with the Penske Remote Reservoir shock give me the circumference of it. I want to try using cushioned clamps to mount it to a frame bolt. Has anyone else tried using cushioned clamps to mount it yet?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Delnari, there are two dimensions for the remote reservoir, because there is a step in the housing. The first part of the reservoir has an O.D. Of 50.4 mm. Then at 19.4mm from the start of the black portion of the reservoir it tapers down until it gets out to 21.7mm. From that point on it has an O.D. of 49.75 mm.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Thank you. That makes it easy since there is play in the clamps I can run the same size top and bottom. Planning to use the rear footpeg bracket mount for the reservoir. Do you see and problems going that route for the Penske reservoir? I notice the Matris remote reservoir has a mounting bracket already for it that makes a clean install, but for $163 less I will find a way to make the Penske mount look good :).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, that should work, the only thing that might hold you up is that the line from the shock body to the reservoir is fairly short. But I imagine that if it were correctly placed it should work.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This one is pretty stylish! image.jpg

·
Registered
290 Posts
The blue mount is pretty cool. Do think there is enough hose to reach back to the footpeg bracket mounting holes? Will be putting the reservoir on the inside of the frame, oppose to the outside as I have been seeing.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I mounted mine with big black wire ties...call me a Sally but I didn't want to scratch the reservoir or my bike with the metal hose clamps :)

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I mounted mine with big black wire ties...call me a Sally but I didn't want to scratch the reservoir or my bike with the metal hose clamps :)
Mental Note:

Crosshairs = Sally

1 - 20 of 82 Posts