Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. Some of you already know that I've been working on the PCV tune for my Marthy Delkevic exhaust. I used the Autotune and LCD-200 has a data logger. I kept Nick's (Stoltec) STD mode that most of you have (my Mode A is a bit different).

I know I've been promoting and selling the EJK controller has a cheaper alternative to the PCV. But I all want you to know that I did the comparison with finding what to keep on my bike (best one or best tune) It was hard work and long hours of data analysis but I gave it a fair shot. The PCV map is available for free on my website and just for the record... I do not plan on stacking PCV on my shelve so It was only for giving potential customer the option of getting a PCV if preferred.

So here how it went. I run the PCV & AT for few days/run to get a rough idea on witch way to go. At the same time I got my LCD-200 repair (actually replaced, pretty killer customer services!) My goal at first was to use the AT to tune the close loop. Considering the fuel range issue I wanted to keep the good MPG and have smooth good power in the lower gears. For as hard as I tried... it didn't work has plan. The correction rate wasn't fast enough to keep up with the ECU using the TPS map base. So I used the MAP base map with the PCV. (pressure map) and tried to do my best to smooth out the off throttle so it doesn't run lean (14.7) and make the throttle response better in the lower gears. With trial, error and hard work I got to point where I was happy with it. Throttle is precise and from the rider seat I can really feel going lean and acting up other than once in a while... but I can live with that.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
So here's some snap shot of the data. If anyone is interested, email me... the data is available to anyone. I have no secret.

EJK WOT run (close course)
Log8 WOT 3_4_5.jpg

PCV WOT run (close course)
EJK 2_3_4_5 WOT.jpg ..

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Of course there's much more to it than those few snap shot. But the most important to me is from the rider seat. Right out the box the EJK felt much smoother in throttle transition. The PCV get it done but not as smooth to be fair honest. It's more noticeable in the on/off throttle. The PCV doesn't keep up as well with the correction rate compare to the EJK. AFR are pretty much the same at WOT though the gears, if there's anything the EJK seems a bit better on up-shift. Get back steady a bit quicker.

My final "revised" EJK settings are (Delkevic - No DBK):

G:5 | Y: | 4.5 | R: 3.0
GB: 3 | YB: 3.5 | RB: 3.5

So in conclusion in my opinion, both controller are getting the job done. In & out of close loop (ECO mode) the EJK is a bit more stable and smooth. I can feel it from the rider seat. Probably why Dynojet end up using the O2 optimizer but it's like putting a band aid to me. Since my issue was MPG or fuel range from the beginning... not quite the best option to me running 13.5 AFR or so on cruising. I know it's probably only 15 miles a tank or so depending of riding style... but that 15 miles or so make a huge difference on long ride to me, and some member too I'm sure.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Of course there's much more to it than those few snap shot. But the most important to me is from the rider seat. Right out the box the EJK felt much smoother in throttle transition. The PCV get it done but not as smooth to be fair honest. It's more noticeable in the on/off throttle. The PCV doesn't keep up as well with the correction rate compare to the EJK. AFR are pretty much the same at WOT though the gears, if there's anything the EJK seems a bit better on up-shift. Get back steady a bit quicker.

My final "revised" EJK settings are (Delkevic - No DBK):

G:5 | Y: | 4.5 | R: 3.0
GB: 3 | YB: 3.5 | RB: 3.5

So in conclusion in my opinion, both controller are getting the job done. In & out of close loop (ECO mode) the EJK is a bit more stable and smooth. I can feel it from the rider seat. Probably why Dynojet end up using the O2 optimizer but it's like putting a band aid to me. Since my issue was MPG or fuel range from the beginning... not quite the best option to me running 13.5 AFR or so on cruising. I know it's probably only 15 miles a tank or so depending of riding style... but that 15 miles or so make a huge difference on long ride to me, and some member too I'm sure.
Were you doing all the tuning with the O2 sensor connected with the EJK controller? Thanks for spending so much time getting things tuned, I did notice a considerable drop running without the O2 sensor this past weekend so I may connect it back up again.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I got an EJK from Marthy and I have to tell you it makes a difference for sure. I like it. He helped me with tuning and ultimately I got a nice setup for me and the way I ride the bike. I have the M4 with the DBK installed and did not block off the smog hose. My throttle smooth and responsive (anytime I throttle on, this thing flys!) and the pipe sounds better then without the EJK. My MPG have got better than plain stock! I am getting about 45 MPG's +/- depending on how hard the ride. Bottom line is performance and sound is great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts