Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone out there having as much fun as me pissing off and blowing away there friends on there gp bikes. Gsxr, r6 cbr's ect?? Because Damn i am lol. They're working hard trying to even keep up with me In the mountains. I will never go back top a full race bike. My back says thank you Yamaha!

·
Registered
383 Posts
The upright riding position and this engine are the two things that sold me on this bike. I broke my back in high school football and the hunched over position wrecks me. I'm at home on the fz09 and undoubtedly appreciate the upright position.

·
Registered
154 Posts
YUP! A couple times, especially when the bike had the stock muffler... LOL

I ride the thing like a high powered supermoto (minus the foot dragging, just knees)...

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
It will be interesting this year, now that my 09 is all broken-in and ready to go. Late in the season my brother picked up a barely used 2012 Yamaha VMAX for a great price. He was bragging about it's 200hp, but he forgot to mention it's also 683 lbs., Yikes! I think my little 09 is going to surprise him.

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
600's don't have the torque. Only time they will pull a fz-09 is on a track or above 90 mph.

·
Registered
429 Posts
It will be interesting this year, now that my 09 is all broken-in and ready to go. Late in the season my brother picked up a barely used 2012 Yamaha VMAX for a great price. He was bragging about it's 200hp, but he forgot to mention it's also 683 lbs., Yikes! I think my little 09 is going to surprise him.
Have you ever ridden a VMAX? Those bikes are badass. Yamaha's muscle.

·
Registered
957 Posts
600's don't have the torque. Only time they will pull a fz-09 is on a track or above 90 mph.
Pretty much this. Middleweight sportbikes are tuned for high end racetrack performance. You have to be hitting triple digit speeds on them to be able to see what they can do better than a bike like the 09 (assuming it's got good suspension work done).

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Yeah,but then,I have the same fun on my Bandit 1250 "old mans" bike.
My son (11 years old) calls my Versys an old man bike. He saw the age poll on the versys forum and the majority of owners are over 50.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Yea like I was running up on Marc, having passed Val two corners before on the down shift, and hanging my road race ass off into the turn and getting some great sparks of the titanium of my elbow sliders
, turned into the Popeye's for some spicey wings and redbeans and rice. And a large diet Coke, what's up dude? Like I'm the hot of the beatache! MF! Ya! Know.
F**king grow up!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I like that she (my bike) keeps up ( or out-does) with all the sport bikes at all real-world speeds. I never go much above the ton anyway.

There's a reason why super motards became so damn popular.

I can't handle racing crouch either, I'm just too damn old and broken up from work, and life.

I look at my fz as my old bandit on a serious diet.

·
Registered
877 Posts
...........and if ya'll think running a FZ 09 against traditional sport bikes is fun,

try it on a well sorted FZ 07 . :icon_biggrin:

Reactions: marthy

·
Registered
358 Posts
I can't wait for the warmer weather to come for this reason!! (And many other reasons..) My friends laughed when I sold my CBR for this, they have no idea what it is capable of.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.