Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tripage Passenger Peg LED lights... Amber signal only (two rows of 6 rear facing, 1 row of 5 side facing) Easy install. Took longer cause I am a-type when it comes to soldering...

Sorry about VVS....

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I used the oem turn signal to create an adapter to plug in to the stock harnesses

·
Registered
429 Posts
Tripage Passenger Peg LED lights... Amber signal only (two rows of 6 rear facing, 1 row of 5 side facing) Easy install. Took longer cause I am a-type when it comes to soldering...

Sorry about VVS....
So what are your thoughts on the brightness? Do you think it's visible enough or do you wish you went with more LEDs?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am satisfied with my selection. I think it is an excellent supplement to the integrated taillight

·
Registered
429 Posts
Cool. I'm waiting for the motodynamic light to come out. I got these pegs for the same reason. To compliment the tail.

·
Registered
201 Posts
any chance you could get a video from farther back? do you think these would be sufficient as the sole turn signals on the rear?

·
Registered
518 Posts
any chance you could get a video from farther back? do you think these would be sufficient as the sole turn signals on the rear?
I used mine as sole turn signals for a while...never had any issues. people following me could always see my signals. However, I like having the integrated tail too. I was rear ended when I still had everything Stock, and if i could shoot a flare out the side everytime i wanted to turn and put up a wall of fire when I stopped, i probably would.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will try to get the video for you tomorrow. I think if you got the max number of led light, you would be OK (ymmv of course) but my thought is that the positioning of the pegs isn't optimal for sole use, but the leds are bright enough.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Adding a little to the OP's thread, I disassembled the passenger peg brackets yesterday while taking some pictures and notes. They are now boxed and shipped via UPS. Hopefully, these pictures/notes might be helpful to someone considering a similar process in the future.

A standard, 6mm L-shaped hex tool fits the bracket bolts. However, this wasn't the right tool, for me, for the job...

After a visit to Sears, a 6mm hex socket tool, with 3/8 inch drive, was the right tool for me...

Connected the new 6mm hex socket tool to a 3/8 inch drive ratchet which I have owned for decades, and the bolts loosened quickly...

Blue residue on the bolts from medium strength thread locker...

While the passenger peg and bracket hardware are on vacation in Florida, a temporary connection holds the "specimen bottle" (pictured before trimming the tie ends)...

Note: an 8mm socket easily removes the bracket holding the fluid reservoir. The bolt had no thread locker.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey sorry, I got super busy yesterday. I will get the video soon, I promise.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hey CT, how did you route the wires? I'm gonna slap mine on when I get home from work today.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I sort of looped it toward the inside of the frame into the plastics of the rear fenders. They are somewhat visible but only if you are looking for them

2008FZ6/2014FZ09

·
Registered
429 Posts
I sort of looped it toward the inside of the frame into the plastics of the rear fenders. They are somewhat visible but only if you are looking for them

2008FZ6/2014FZ09
Cool. I'll see what my options are and report back tomorrow when I install

·
Registered
429 Posts
At a quick glance i might just tap a small hole through the plastic tray underneath. In front of the battery there is a small rubber plug on the bottom of that same tray. Could use that hole too. We shall see

Reactions: cthouse
1 - 20 of 30 Posts