Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm looking for some parts for my 2014 fz09.

Struggling to find reasonably priced parts for the bike. Does anybody know what other parts from potentially other bikes that will fit this bike? Maybe another less popular Yamaha bike?

Specifically, looking for passenger peg mounts. I can find a few used ones on ebay, but can't find a set and don't necessarily want to pay $80+ for a set.

Also looking for a steering dampener, suggestions welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Cant help with the pegs. Maybe someone has a set they removed they can give you a deal on.

Fix your suspension the correct way with new front end cartridges and a new rear shock. A dampener will only mask the lack of suspension.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cant help with the pegs. Maybe someone has a set they removed they can give you a deal on.

Fix your suspension the correct way with new front end cartridges and a new rear shock. A dampener will only mask the lack of suspension.
Would love to get a deal on some peg mounts.

In regards to the suspension, I already have a rear Ohlins shock, and then adjustable Andreani forks. I previously had an r6, and didn't realize how much input I was putting into the front end until this bike. I started noticing wobble in the front when shifting at high speeds (60-110) and then just cruising below 15.

If there is something that would be better suited to handling that wobble, I'd greatly appreciate the input and suggestion.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
You need to adjust your settings better so the load is not concentrated on the rear, which is why your front end is wobbly or light.

Is your pre load set correctly up front and tve rear?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Would love to get a deal on some peg mounts.

In regards to the suspension, I already have a rear Ohlins shock, and then adjustable Andreani forks. I previously had an r6, and didn't realize how much input I was putting into the front end until this bike. I started noticing wobble in the front when shifting at high speeds (60-110) and then just cruising below 15.

If there is something that would be better suited to handling that wobble, I'd greatly appreciate the input and suggestion.
I dont think Ohlins shocks have ride height adjustment but you could try raising the forks 7-10mm in the triple clamp.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You need to adjust your settings better so the load is not concentrated on the rear, which is why your front end is wobbly or light.

Is your pre load set correctly up front and tve rear?
Good idea. I know they are not set up for me. I've had the bike for two weeks, and previous owner was about a foot shorter and 20-40 pounds lighter. I am 6'5", 210.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
If you get the ride height set and your still having problems, let us know. We will try and help in any way we can.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hey, I'm looking for some parts for my 2014 fz09.

Struggling to find reasonably priced parts for the bike. Does anybody know what other parts from potentially other bikes that will fit this bike? Maybe another less popular Yamaha bike?

Specifically, looking for passenger peg mounts. I can find a few used ones on ebay, but can't find a set and don't necessarily want to pay $80+ for a set.

Also looking for a steering dampener, suggestions welcome.

Thanks
Try making some peg mounts out of plywood. Cheap and you can learn your wittlin' skills. Please don't cut yourself. Got to pay to play.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
711 Posts
If you are actually going to carry a passenger on a regular basis do them a favor and don't put the stock passenger peg brackets back on your bike. I think some aftermarket places offer 'lowered' peg mounts - or buy a set from an FJ09 (Tracer) - they should be bolt on and will improve your passengers comfort significantly!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you are actually going to carry a passenger on a regular basis do them a favor and don't put the stock passenger peg brackets back on your bike. I think some aftermarket places offer 'lowered' peg mounts - or buy a set from an FJ09 (Tracer) - they should be bolt on and will improve your passengers comfort significantly!
Awesome thanks! I'll look into it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts