Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It occurred to me that there are parts that I wish someone made for the Gen1 and Gen2 FZ/MT-09s. For me, I would like to add lights to the ends of the fake air scoops. The headlights could use some help.

Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
The title made me think maybe you had a machine shop or a 3D printer, and you were offering... 馃槤

Registered
More light weight wheel options. Fire up the carbon fiber printer.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The title made me think maybe you had a machine shop or a 3D printer, and you were offering... 馃槤
I wish I had the time, money and ability to make my own parts.

• Haha
Reactions: Moto26

Registered
I have all the time and money, just no desire to do pretty much anything. :LOL:

Registered
I can weld and do basic crude fabrication, but I really wish I had the time, money and space to learn how to use machine tools and have them in my dream shop, and 3D printing seems to be something useful to get into now...

But then, sometimes my wife and I talk about in a few years when the kids are out of the house, why don鈥檛 we just sell everything and go play!

Registered
Batmobile
I have a 3d printer that I bought for the girlfriend that she never set up, I should probably set it up. I could probably make some money off making stupid little things, I could definitely figure out a way to make mounts for the scoops, given some trial and error. And I wouldn't have to worry about injuring myself with any tools.

Registered
2016 xsr 900
I'd love to see a higher capacity fuel tank, and longer travel suspension parts, nothing extreme, maybe an extra 2 inches to help soften up the big potholes.

Registered
I'd love to see a higher capacity fuel tank, and longer travel suspension parts, nothing extreme, maybe an extra 2 inches to help soften up the big potholes.
If you were a FZ, you could scab on some extra fuel tank capacity into the fake air scoops.

Registered
2016 xsr 900
I have some rough day-dream type plans to see if I can 3-d print larger tank 'covers' for the XSR, and then I can weld together some sort of abomination underneath for extra capacity. Also thought of trying to move the fuel pump down into a little tank in the hole where the cat on the stock exhaust is, but worried about heat in that location causing issues.....probably won't do either and just carry a jerry can on long rides like I do now......the older I get the less motivation I have, lately I've been very much in a 'here take my money' mood even though I know I can/could do whatever better & cheaper.

How about a nice looking, functional luggage rack.......something big enough you can actually strap something to it, not the litttle 'almost 6-pack' racks that everyone seems to be selling.

Registered
I have some rough day-dream type plans to see if I can 3-d print larger tank 'covers' for the XSR, and then I can weld together some sort of abomination underneath for extra capacity. Also thought of trying to move the fuel pump down into a little tank in the hole where the cat on the stock exhaust is, but worried about heat in that location causing issues.....probably won't do either and just carry a jerry can on long rides like I do now......the older I get the less motivation I have, lately I've been very much in a 'here take my money' mood even though I know I can/could do whatever better & cheaper.

How about a nice looking, functional luggage rack.......something big enough you can actually strap something to it, not the litttle 'almost 6-pack' racks that everyone seems to be selling.
I know we鈥檝e discussed this before, but dang, it sounds like a Tracer with some ADV tires (or Mutants!) on it would be the perfect bike for you... 馃し馃徎鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
2016 xsr 900
I know we鈥檝e discussed this before, but dang, it sounds like a Tracer with some ADV tires (or Mutants!) on it would be the perfect bike for you... 馃し馃徎鈥嶁檪锔
sigh...so much plastic, and so ugly.....at least I'd have room to carry a cover so I didn't ahve to look at the bike when I wasn't sitting on it.

Registered
It occurred to me that there are parts that I wish someone made for the Gen1 and Gen2 FZ/MT-09s. For me, I would like to add lights to the ends of the fake air scoops. The headlights could use some help.
Fifty Canadian pesos at Amazon. Mounted on the factory side deflector bolt, at the radiator.

Admittedly more for being seen than seeing, hence the low-and-wide placement for a light triangle.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Plant Automotive lighting

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm getting geared up to do a leaning sidecar for my fz so my autistic boy can ride with me. Already chopped and modified the akro midpipe to give room for the sidecar attachment
Very cool. I hope it works out well so you and your son.

Reactions: MK3Brent

Registered
I'd like to see an easy plug n play swap for the horn and passing light switches. What I've see so far are above my wiring skills.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts