Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

Parts missing ?

7K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  billnoroville 
#1 ·
Hey maybe y'all with the bike can chime in. On my bike the left control switch wiring harness drags the tank when turned left causing fine scratches. Is it missing a clip that holds the wire group to the clutch cable? The right control group is equipped with a clip attached to the brake cable keeping it up and away from the tank.

Going to zip tie it to the clutch cable for now but if there is a clip missing I wanna get it on order.

Does anyone else have their lines dragging?

#4 ·
I just went out and looked at mine. There is no clamp, tie up, etc between the switch housing and where the wiring harness goes over to the headlight area......mine does NOT drag on the tank.

#11 ·
Well a member on another forum posted picks of his FZ-09 and it does indeed have a polymer clip/clasp that combines both the left control wiring harness and the clutch cable together. It's zip-tied for now but will get in touch with the dealership to get one on order when available. I guess some got out of the assembly line without or forgotten during set-up.

#12 ·
Also, I though it was weird that my tool kit was just freely moving around under the seat but while reading through the Owners Manual last night I noticed in section 7-2 that the kit is supposed to be attached to the underside of the seat with a strap. Mine does not have this strap, does anyone's?

#23 ·
Nice clips.
I put the clutch side zip-tie on the steel part of the clutch cable, just a bit higher. Is the clip big enough to fit there?

On the right side, I had to be a bit more careful with the zip-tie placement. In this pic, I'm pushing the throttle cables down so you can see the clamp location on the brake line. The cables hide the zip-tie nicely.
The thing to avoid is that droopy bit on the brake lever that activates the brake light switch. You don't want that rubbing on the harness

#25 ·
+ 1 for strap in the tool pouch. I was there when they set up my bike and we played easter egg hunt until we found it.

#26 ·
well I got 4 zip ties on my handle bars holding stuff up to the bars when I picked up my bike. I don't see any in your pictures. I didn't get charged extra either. yahoo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.