Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey maybe y'all with the bike can chime in. On my bike the left control switch wiring harness drags the tank when turned left causing fine scratches. Is it missing a clip that holds the wire group to the clutch cable? The right control group is equipped with a clip attached to the brake cable keeping it up and away from the tank.

Going to zip tie it to the clutch cable for now but if there is a clip missing I wanna get it on order.

Does anyone else have their lines dragging?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Hey maybe y'all with the bike can chime in. On my bike the left control switch wiring harness drags the tank when turned left causing fine scratches. Is it missing a clip that holds the wire group to the clutch cable? The right control group is equipped with a clip attached to the brake cable keeping it up and away from the tank.

Going to zip tie it to the clutch cable for now but if there is a clip missing I wanna get it on order.

Does anyone else have their lines dragging?
Mind taking a picture for comparison?

·
Super Moderator
5,702 Posts
I just went out and looked at mine. There is no clamp, tie up, etc between the switch housing and where the wiring harness goes over to the headlight area......mine does NOT drag on the tank.

·
Super Moderator
5,702 Posts
Nope!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well a member on another forum posted picks of his FZ-09 and it does indeed have a polymer clip/clasp that combines both the left control wiring harness and the clutch cable together. It's zip-tied for now but will get in touch with the dealership to get one on order when available. I guess some got out of the assembly line without or forgotten during set-up.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also, I though it was weird that my tool kit was just freely moving around under the seat but while reading through the Owners Manual last night I noticed in section 7-2 that the kit is supposed to be attached to the underside of the seat with a strap. Mine does not have this strap, does anyone's?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Oh Daniel your a member here too. If you still got those pics you should post them here as well. Thanks
If i can figure out how to do it from my phone I will. The other forum works well on my phone. I'm not very savvy in the tech dept!

I haven't looked yet but I wonder if the rubber strap is in the tool packet.

Daniel

·
Registered
554 Posts
If i can figure out how to do it from my phone I will. The other forum works well on my phone. I'm not very savvy in the tech dept!

I haven't looked yet but I wonder if the rubber strap is in the tool packet.

Daniel
I found a short strap with metal loops at each end in my tool bag. Have not lifted the seat to see where it goes yet. Will make up my own took kit soon.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts