Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need 1-body push pin the one that holds the phony air scoop or a size on it or part number. I am going to a body shop supply to see if they can help.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
And, if you would like to save even more money on your parts (most of the time), try this one in Ohio......

Parts Finder Honda East Toledo Maumee, OH 1-877-437-1631

They sell almost every brand motorcycle known to man and although I've never bought a bike from them, I did buy a Yamaha 6300Watt Inverter style generator from them, had it shipped to the Knoxville area and still saved over $800 off of retail pricing. Pretty much the shipping cost offset the no tax, but the discount off of the MSRP was very good.

Reactions: v2Bob

·
Registered
54 Posts
These reusable plastic push rivets can also be found at cycle gear. They are sold in small packages with the trackside brand on them. Different sizes available, I believe you want the 6mm size.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well now i feel stupid! First off you cant put a push pin in where a screw goes! Thanks for the photo Doug and everyone else who helped locate a dealer. Was wondering what that extra screw was for. I had it apart so long forgot how to put it back

·
Registered
962 Posts
Buy yourself some extra push rivets. They're cheap, and if you loose or break one it's nice to have a spare ready. The finish on these look different than the ones I have from my Suzuki's - but I have 3 sizes and they work on any brand bike.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Buy yourself some extra push rivets. They're cheap, and if you loose or break one it's nice to have a spare ready. The finish on these look different than the ones I have from my Suzuki's - but I have 3 sizes and they work on any brand bike.[/QUOTE

I did i got 2 of them cost was $4.00 their is a paint and autobody supply store up the street from my job. So all is good.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
If you want to save money find them on eBay. I got 40 of them for $10 and free shipping. They also have them in hardware stores like ace in the magical aisle of mini drawers.

·
Registered
654 Posts
need a few of these myself, broke my 1st one figuring out how it worked, but a few spares laying in the garage would be nice

·
Registered
391 Posts
If you want to save money find them on eBay. I got 40 of them for $10 and free shipping. They also have them in hardware stores like ace in the magical aisle of mini drawers.
LOL I often lose myself in that magical aisle. It's good to know what's there as sooner or later we all need something...

·
Registered
520 Posts
need a few of these myself, broke my 1st one figuring out how it worked, but a few spares laying in the garage would be nice
Everyone I see a post from you I look for an update in your bike list to see if the niner dethroned the SV

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I would go to Lowes first and go to the specialty fastener dept ..I have seen them at my location..

·
Registered
654 Posts
Everyone I see a post from you I look for an update in your bike list to see if the niner dethroned the SV
I think I need to adjust my riding to it. I could make it corner like the SV after mods but to do it I give up the all day comfortable riding position. I think I am content to slow my roll a bit in the twistys and not be in pain after a 5 or 6 hour ride. (getting old sucks!!!) besides I still have the SV (it does need a motor) so eventually it will live again, then if I really need to tear up the twistys I can just ride it that day and not suffer on it commuting or joyriding. I have the fz09 shock feeling pretty solid but at the very least the forks need thicker oil. it will be my first pair of USD cartridge forks so the threads in here scared me away from that right away, sounds a bit more complicated than doing right side up oil dampenened forks

3rd and 4th gear roll ons starting around 50mph in a mode with vcyclenuts fuel map and quick turn throttle option still give me the biggest shit eating grin every time I do it! =)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts