Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone already done their homework and found the part number for the plastic chain guide that fits above the front sprocket (the one that needs to be shaved down to run a 17t front sprocket)? a google search lead me to countless chain guard listings or cam chain guide listings, I don't know the actual name of the part to be more specific. couldn't find a blow up list showing it on bikebandit either. any help or leads to another site with blow up views so I can find it would be appreciated

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's it, ive found it on a few sites with the your part number, ranging from $13-18 what site did you find it on for $11.32?

·
Registered
260 Posts
has anyone already done their homework and found the part number for the plastic chain guide that fits above the front sprocket (the one that needs to be shaved down to run a 17t front sprocket)? a google search lead me to countless chain guard listings or cam chain guide listings, I don't know the actual name of the part to be more specific. couldn't find a blow up list showing it on bikebandit either. any help or leads to another site with blow up views so I can find it would be appreciated
For your future reference, I supplied the forum with the FZ-09 / MT-09 Yamaha Parts Cataloge last June and it can be found here:

http://www.fz09.org/forum/32-yamaha-fz-09-guides-how-s/3151-yamaha-fz-09-mt-09-parts-cataloge.html

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks again

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow, small world BobZ, I lived in central florida for 13 years, longwood, lake mary, winter springs, Sanford, debary , and orange city......pretty much all around you. still have friends working in casselberry

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow stadium wants $20+ to ship it, I think I will happily give my local Yamaha dealer $17 for the $11 part and skip shipping. I do appreciate the help from both of you regasrdless

·
Registered
260 Posts
wow, small world BobZ, I lived in central florida for 13 years, longwood, lake mary, winter springs, Sanford, debary , and orange city......pretty much all around you. still have friends working in casselberry
Our dad moved us to Longwood back in 1964 and we've been in the area ever since.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts