Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a brief trip today on local, I stopped to lock my helmet and saw that this part was missing from the bike. Anyone have a part #? This part covers some holes drilled in the frame. Now my naked bike is even more naked !

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Yup, i lost the one on the left side. I think the plastic piece has little latches but it mostly holds on to the frame with a glue stick. I removed the glue piece- see two new holes there now.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mine came without the one on the left side. Got one from the dealership and put a dab of glue under it just to make sure.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine came without the one on the left side. Got one from the dealership and put a dab of glue under it just to make sure.
I got the bike with the left one missing too. They used grey double sided tape to help it stay. Some glue should assist in keeping it on the bike

·
Registered
734 Posts
Mine came off before I ever rode it , now I better check see if it's still there , and glue it on

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Why?

Until this thread I hadn't really paid attention to those plastic pieces, looking at it closer I think I know why they are there.

You said the piece hides two holes in the sub frame. Look below:

There is a boss cast into the frame that hasn't been drilled for use. I think Yamaha planned, plans, or wants the option of having side covers on that area under the front of the seat. Personally I like it as is.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lucky day, I found my part in the driveway! :) But then noticed I am missing a bolt that holds the right fake air scoop on. rats. :confused:

Reactions: v2Bob

·
Registered
768 Posts
I lost the bolt circled in the photo not long after I got my bike. With so many bolts into nut plates and well nuts, I might just have an afternoon of "silicone sealant on the threads" for everything where loc-tite shouldn't go.

bolt.JPG

·
Registered
768 Posts
I got to work last week and noticed something black on the ground as I approached my normal parking spot. It was the little plastic frame strip that started this thread.
Luckily, no one had stepped on or driven over it and it was in perfect condition. I had some 3M double-sided body molding tape and stuck it back on with that after cleaning both plastic part and frame thoroughly.
I gently pulled on the other side's plastic strip and it came off fairly easily. So, it got new tape, too. I'll wait a few days to see how it has set. If either come off easily again, they are getting a dab of silicone sealant under them.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Huh, I never noticed those before. Both of mine are still there.

I did immediately upon getting my bike remove the rear 'side covers' as they are purely cosmetic, and I'd rather have those hidden holes available for bungee cords.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Today I was riding my FZ09 and the motor fell out. Didn't even notice it was gone until I tried to accelerate from the stop light. Sure was quiet though pulling up to the stop light. No more cam chain rattle....gear whine...chain noises.... and all the vibration had disappeared too. This time I'm buying the expensive two sided tape so I can stick it back in the frame. That is...if I can find the motor. I searched and searched for it while pushing the frame all over town, but no luck.

So if any of my friends on here would help me.....please let me know if you find my FZ09 motor laying on the road. I'm getting really tired of pushing the frame back and forth to work everyday.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts