Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum, but I thought I'd chime in.
I've had my FZ-09 since August 4th, only got about 1600 miles on her before I had to get it on the track.
It was a great day, threat of rain, but stayed dry throughout.
Florida Track Days puts on a great event, They are on top of their game.

I'm pretty slow, so bear with me, it was my first track day.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Welcome and thanks for sharing. Seems the Florida Riding Season is just Beginning. :cool:

Reactions: kmbrownphoto

·
Registered
369 Posts
Welcome and thanks for sharing. Seems the Florida Riding Season is just Beginning. :cool:
sign me up. If you can hook me up with a reasonable job, some decent housing in a good neighborhood, and some moving expenses. I'll move down to FL...

Also, some bug spray. Palmetto bugs freak me out.

New to the forum, but I thought I'd chime in.
I've had my FZ-09 since August 4th, only got about 1600 miles on her before I had to get it on the track.
It was a great day, threat of rain, but stayed dry throughout.
Florida Track Days puts on a great event, They are on top of their game.

I'm pretty slow, so bear with me, it was my first track day.
You look like you had a blast on the track! Welcome to the boards!

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
sign me up. If you can hook me up with a reasonable job, some decent housing in a good neighborhood, and some moving expenses. I'll move down to FL...

Also, some bug spray. Palmetto bugs freak me out.

You look like you had a blast on the track! Welcome to the boards!
Palmetto Bugs are nothing -- it's the Mosquitos that'll eat you alive.:mad:

You must enjoy riding straight for miles and miles.....the only turns you'll be making down here are 90 degree turns, lol

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Great! I was planning to be there but way too much going on last week... I pull out the last minute. I should be going again next month, let me know if you go again. PBIR is a cool track with a long straitaway.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Hey, I'm impressed....New guy and his first post....and it's in the CORRECT section! :cool:

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the addiction that we call track days.

Reactions: kmbrownphoto

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
I'm definitely hooked now, can't wait to get back out there.

Marthy, your PBIR video helped nudge me to get out there, along with the help of my friends.

Gatz, camera was mounted with a suction cup just behind the gas cap.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts

Marthy, your PBIR video helped nudge me to get out there, along with the help of my friends.

Hey km.......Just a suggestion for you. As an instructor with Sportbike Track Time, I/we see a lot of stuff happen at the track, like stuff coming off of bikes that aren't suppose to. We encourage everyone that puts a camera on their bike to affix a secondary device to secure it just in case the suction cup or whatever, comes loose. This can be a short lanyard of some type, safety wire, ect. This helps to prevent issues on the track with a camera or ??? coming loose and a customer losing his/her camera and probably more importantly, the camera coming off at speed and hitting a rider that is behind the camera bike.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts

Sweet. We need to get together some days.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Is it possible or practical to rent the Track for an "FZ-09 only" afternoon...??? :sign13:

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
4-6K for the day I think. Been few years.
The FZ09.Org is a Great Forum; Maybe the Mod's will collectively Sponsor us....???:icon_thumright:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
triplethreat; noted, I still want to change the way I mount that thing. I may go with a chest mount next time, either way, I'll tether it next time.

Marthy; I'm looking forward to the next track day, but I probably won't be able to get in another one until November, I've got a ton of traveling to do in October, but hopefully I can install my zx6 shock before I leave. Not sure how far south you are but I go on some road rides up here with a good group quite often.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
triplethreat; noted, I still want to change the way I mount that thing. I may go with a chest mount next time, either way, I'll tether it next time.

Marthy; I'm looking forward to the next track day, but I probably won't be able to get in another one until November, I've got a ton of traveling to do in October, but hopefully I can install my zx6 shock before I leave. Not sure how far south you are but I go on some road rides up here with a good group quite often.
South Palm Beach County -- 1 1/2 hour North of Miami.

·
Vendor
1,507 Posts
If we got an fz09 members trackday together at palm beach raceway i would be down. Id need to buy new leathers but boy do I need a track day!!

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I would be so up for an FZ member track day, Some one take the lead and organize this. Just, wait till November/December.
Appears to be Cost Prohibitive, especially in October through April, their Prime time. :(

Give them a call......can't hurt to ask. :cool:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts