Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Great Going. Don't apologize for anything.

You're The Man!:eagerness:

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Marthy, there is still something wrong with your GoPro, it makes everything look as flat as a pool table. ;)

At the end you came around the bike as if you weren't sure the cam would still be there lol.

Great video, love the sound too, thanks for posting.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Marthy, there is still something wrong with your GoPro, it makes everything look as flat as a pool table. ;)

At the end you came around the bike as if you weren't sure the cam would still be there lol.

Great video, love the sound too, thanks for posting.
It's not the GoPro, it's Florida! LOL

It's an old GoPro a friend of mine gave me a while ago. Might need to update soon...

@ 7:30... peg filler touch down! They are now removed, almost shat myself! LOL

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
At least a Pool Table has 4 Decent Corners and loads of Edges.......!!!!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Great mounting location man. Had to watch with sound off, but could always tell when braking and when gassing from that fork :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Awesome! I can't wait to get back to PBIR, it's been about 10 years (it went the other way and was still called Moroso).

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome! I can't wait to get back to PBIR, it's been about 10 years (it went the other way and was still called Moroso).
Not sure if you will like the new configuration, they made it a bit more "gentleman racing" grade. Still a blast! If you're in FL, come over to Homestead... Sept 7th. Just come hang out...

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looking good, man. Glad you had a good outing!

Try taking out a bit of oil from the forks. You are leaving quite a bit of fork travel on the table.
If I really go hard on the brake I can still bottom them out. I really like the feel from this set up. That would not be a good bumpy road set up but for the track I really like it. Bike doesn't dive as fast like before and I feel like I'm loading the tire a bit more. Still have good compliance (over speed bump... was stable) and I remove all preload (Had 5T last time).

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gotcha. I realized that video was from session 2, so I'm sure you buried it a bit more later on...
Ya, it got better as the evening went on. But I still back of the pace a bit to work on better body position and try to be some sort of consistent. The Gpro died on me on the last session. I did few laps with what seems to be a R6. That was nice... he had a rear view camera' hope that he post the video somewhere.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not sure if you will like the new configuration, they made it a bit more "gentleman racing" grade. Still a blast! If you're in FL, come over to Homestead... Sept 7th. Just come hang out...
I may just do that. My avatar is me on a 748 during the Penguin Racing School at Homestead around 2002 or so. And "gentleman racing" is fine with me, I just want some turns!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts