Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have sent a message to color right inquiring about paint matching for the FZ-09 I realize it's a new bike but somehow they always have a way to get you paint codes if anybody is not familiar with color right in my opinion they are the premier paint matching company you can wander over to their website and check them out at color right.com

·
Registered
235 Posts
The gray is a Dark Gray Metallic (DNMN) and the red is Vivid Red Cocktail (VRC1 code 0121).. unfortunately the gray seems to be a slightly different shade that Yamaha hasn't used before so I haven't been able to source an actual code or any touch up availability.. The red however is not new and can be purchased almost anywhere that sells motorcycle touch up paint.. Yamaha 0121 Vivid Red Cocktail #1 (VRC1)

PS. for the gray FZ's the front fender, "Intake" scoops, and tail side covers under the seat are painted.. Mat Black #2 (MBL2 code 0582).. http://www.colorrite.com/product/yamaha-0582-mat-black-2-mbl2-1971.cfm

PSS. if someone wanted to change to the Matte Gray or Purple they have in Europe here you go.. http://www.rsbikepaint.com/en-us/colours.php#makeid=159&modelid=4489&prodyear=2013

Reactions: cjhorton

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Thanks rider! In my meager search a few days ago I was able to find out the color had been used before, but supposedly only available from Yamaha... now I know different! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thanks rider! In my meager search a few days ago I was able to find out the color had been used before, but supposedly only available from Yamaha... now I know different! :thumbsup:
your welcome! I actually had better luck searching UK databases as they've had more color options over the years.

·
Registered
235 Posts
i believe the frame and swingarm are mbl2 as well.

(don't ask me why i needed to order colorrite touch-up pens...)
Thanks for adding.. Never bothered to check frame color, I was only looking into wheels and trim.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I think it's MS1 ... if you look at bike bandit or other sites with oem parts, it shows the different codes for tanks/fenders, etc ... So I think that's right, but just wanting to verify.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts