Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to order my fz in the next few weeks and am leaning toward the matte dark gray. However, all the colors look awesome and I'd be happy with any of them. Is there anything I should consider in terms of the durability of one paint over another? Matte vs gloss?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
673 Posts
Nah, most manufacturer's paint jobs are fairly impervious these days. Just park out of the sun as much as you can if. I imagine the seat vinyl would go first, though.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
The gloss seems pretty durable. I've accidentally dropped some wrenches on it with no marks. No spider-webbing either and I use a tankbag.

·
Registered
987 Posts
The silver ones are faster.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Reactions: FZ09R

·
Registered
233 Posts
Can't really speak on durability as I have only had my bike for a couple weeks, but the matte gray looks amazing. I'm very happy with my choice of the matte gray.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Being it's built in Japan, i wouldn't be surprised if it takes a lot of pampering to maintain the paint over a long time span. My WRX's paint would get damaged if I looked at it wrong. That's how thin it is. I'm sure it's similar with the 09

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 5 S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
246 Posts
I wondered about the durability for a few moments and then decided I'd Line-X the tank if it scratched. Now I'm waiting for some scratches so I have an excuse to put some Line-X on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts