Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I really like my Abba stand. As for the earlier mentioned problem of the adapters sticking in the bike and getting lost...a little adhesive holds them in the stand nicely. Problem solved.

For individual stands, PitBull is the only way to go. Pricier than all the others but well worth the cost.

·
Registered
645 Posts
If you really want to protect the swingarm (and the spools, for that matter), use the kind of sliders that have a bar running through the axle. They’re larger and much more heavy duty than spool sliders…
Good idea that!! Just checked my 2014 with a 1/2" steel rod (used for unwinding garage door springs)
It goes in most of the way from the left side, but the last bit on the right is smaller.
Could work for that larger newer axle though

·
Registered
541 Posts
2020 SP here - see my post #17 above.

My new ANDERSON stand - my third - arrived today and was quickly put to good use. I spannered it into the lower of three positions (an easy job) and the rear tyre/ tire is now only about 3/4" (20mm) off the ground, all it needs to be in order to move the bike around with ease, helped by the swivelling wheels. The centre of the rear axle is now 33cm/ ~13" from the ground. To raise (and lower) the bike I now only need to breathe on the rear of the stand and up - or down - she goes. Previously with it in the taller of the three positions I struggled, being a seven-stone weakling and only 79 or so kg in weight, with the upper body strength of a gnat. This also removes my fear of the bike toppling from the higher position when I lift/ lower it. Great product, Andersons.

·
Registered
'21 Yamaha MT-09
161 Posts
I recommend Pit Bull stands. Pricey but the best. Motorcycle Stands, Motorcycle Rear Stands, Motorcycle Front Stands, Motorcycle Trailer Restraint Systems - Pit Bull Use this stand for my MT09 and my wife's FZ07.
I still have my Pit Bull stand from my scrambler and it fit the '21 09 perfectly. Best part, no bobbins needed and I can use it to lift the front wheel.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts