Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took a gamble on an 84" OxGord Heavy duty cover for motocross and sport bikes from Amazon. At $21 + shipping, it's already a good deal.

I'm replacing a Nelson Rigg UV2000 half cover which really is a bit too wimpy for a good cover. It is now shredding and there is no "rip stop" in the fabric, so once it starts to tear, it's done. Patching with duct tape works but is not the best solution.

So this is the 84" cover on the bike. It works with the bars straight ahead and over in the locked position

My son also got me a Cortech tail bag for my %^&$#$'th birthday. It was a bit of a struggle to figure out how to hold it on, so I took a couple of pics for that too.
The cover is a very tight fit in the bag - not even room for a pen once the cover is in.

The front end is held down by the seat strap (I hope) and here's how I got the back end tied down. Combined 2 straps into 1

Now I just need to find out how the cover holds up to the sun here in Aridzona.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I bought a Nelson Rigg cover for the bike at work. Got the xl so it will cover the topcase.

I also have an older cortech tailbag which I like very much. I have used that same tailbag for my last two bikes. It is blue which sort of matches with the wheels.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts