Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I unfortunately do not have a garage at my house - for winter storage i keep my bike in my brothers garage but in the summer i've traditionally used a slip over cover on my last bike that more or less sucked. It was a pain to get on and when i took it off it would change my mirror position, dew would be trapped inside, particularly in the morning and while it fit the bike, it didnt completely cover the bike to the ground leaving the bottom part of my discs, wheels and chain exposed.

I originally thought about getting another shed but i'd rather save the few thousand on that towards mods vs. getting a cheaper solution. I found a few and i was wondering if anyone has any of these that can speak to if they are good or bad. I'm leaning towards the cycleshell as it seems to offer everything i want for a decent price.

The bike barn looks good too but it's more expensive and the floor is an additional $35 bucks.

Cycleshell - Specs

Motorcycle Covers, Motorcycle Shelter, Enclosed Motorcycle Cover - Bike Barn

i'm least worried about security and most concerned about keeping water and moisture out. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
there are lots of options. fist that comes to mind is the tent type garages with sides. Costco has them for about $300 and harbor freight hascthem on sale for about $180 but it is not nearly as good quality as the one from costco.

you can also build one yourself using 1/2 pvc pipe flexed into a U shape and staked to the ground and then secure a tarp over it.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't even think about a tent type garage, duh!

Thanks for the link. I suppose it comes down to what my wife will want in the driveway hah.

One of the claims of those cycle tents is that they mitigate moisture well, may be marketing bs, but wondering if one of those tents will do the same.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
You didn't mention that you were married - that changes everything! I built a shed in the backyard, but it had to be "cute". So our shed looks like a 10 x 14 little house... But I'm off topic...

I didn't see any vents, which would help prevent condensation inside, so the tent sheds may need modification to prevent that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts