Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,011 Posts
Thinking I might sell mine too. The FZ is just so much better.

Yeah, when the ZRX came out, I had to have one, being the Eddie Lawson fan that I am. For a while, it was my go-to "non-sportbike". It's still a cool bike, but after a few years I just wanted something else. It's a fairly heavy beast, the stock seat sucked (but it looked so cool I didn't want to replace or re-cover it), and the handling and brakes just weren't up to modern standards. I think they may have fixed some of this with the ZRX1200 update. When the Ducati Hypermotard hit the streets, I sold the ZRX and my wife and I each bought Hypers. I kept mine until 2016, when I replaced it with the XSR. No regrets!

Here's the ZRX, taking my wife (then girlfriend) for her first spin around a track, before she even got her license. A few years later, she was dragging knee on her own SV650! 😎

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Added this to the garage last weekend for the wife and I to do a little weekend touring on. Jumped in with both feet, I hope she likes riding 2-up....

·
Registered
485 Posts
Very clean looking.

Does it have heated grips, cruise control, and other fun goodies?

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Thanks MK3Brent.

It's amazing what goodies it has....Just a few that come to mind:

Heated grips and both seats
Cruise control
Central locking and alarm - locks all the cases and storage cubbies with a button on the bar or with the remote
Keyless Go - ignition and gas cap unlock when key is nearby
Radio/sat radio with speakers
Hill Start Control
TPMS
Ride Modes Pro - 3 riding modes
Power windshield
Dynamic suspension - automatically adjusts based on load and ride mode
Cornering Headlights
Bluetooth
Quick shifter up and down
Lean angle abs
Traction control
GPS prep

That's all I can remember but I'm sure there are others as well...

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
Hey Speedy, good to see you're still kickin!!

Reactions: Speedy

·
Registered
2017 Hi-Viz and Matte Grey MT-09
456 Posts
I know the people that like them like them, but I am not a fan of the Diavel. It's not the Diavel's fault specifically. That whole segment doesn't appeal to me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know the people that like them like them, but I am not a fan of the Diavel. It's not the Diavel's fault specifically. That whole segment doesn't appeal to me.
Not going to argue about tastes, but who else is in that segment? :) I always thought it is a segment of one ...

·
Registered
2017 Hi-Viz and Matte Grey MT-09
456 Posts
I'd put the VMax in the same segment. The Triumph Rocket, too. There might be something from Indian and/or Harley that competes, but I'm not at all familiar with their lines. There's not a lot of competition, but there is some.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Hey Shamy,

Yep still here and still lovin' the FZ. Having to spread my fun time across a couple of different bike forums though....

My boss is a hard-ass, and I don't want to get shit canned 'cause I'm goofing off too much....you know.

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
Hey Shamy,

Yep still here and still lovin' the FZ. Having to spread my fun time across a couple of different bike forums though....

My boss is a hard-ass, and I don't want to get shit canned 'cause I'm goofing off too much....you know.
What, wait-------I thought you were the boss. Oh now I remember, you're, talkin about the Speedette.

Reactions: Speedy

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,011 Posts
Not going to argue about tastes, but who else is in that segment? :) I always thought it is a segment of one ...

I'd put the VMax in the same segment. The Triumph Rocket, too. There might be something from Indian and/or Harley that competes, but I'm not at all familiar with their lines. There's not a lot of competition, but there is some.
I haven’t ridden a Diavel, but I’ve ridden with a Diavel, and from what I can tell, none of those other bikes could come close to the handling, braking, or acceleration out of corners the Diavel can provide. Maybe the new Rocket, but I haven’t seen any ride reports on that one yet.

I really believe the Diavel is a class of one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I rode the other two bikes, and while being magnificent machines, once the twisties start, they are not even close. I honestly don't know how to describe the sheer insanity of what is Diavel, you have to ride it at full potential to understand...

21 - 38 of 38 Posts