Registered
414 Posts

-2007 Gen 2 FJR, Deep Cherry Red
-Power Commander tuned with KN air filter and whole shot exhaust
-All balls tapered steering bearing
-R5 Michelins
-37, 480 miles
-throttle lock
Might sell this beauty soon. This FJR can eat some highway miles and can cruise at high speed comfortably all day long.

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
504 Posts
View attachment 160563
-2007 Gen 2 FJR, Deep Cherry Red
-Power Commander tuned with KN air filter and whole shot exhaust
-All balls tapered steering bearing
-R5 Michelins
-37, 480 miles
-throttle lock
Might sell this beauty soon. This FJR can eat some highway miles and can cruise at high speed comfortably all day long.

I just rode one of the brand new FJRs at a local Yamaha demo day. I was pretty impressed with the ride. I think I might have a long hauler my future.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I just rode one of the brand new FJRs at a local Yamaha demo day. I was pretty impressed with the ride. I think I might have a long hauler my future.
Hello Mark, Compared to the Gen. 2 the Gen. 3 FJR ES is the way to go.
-6 speed
-ride modes
-inverted forks
-lost some weight and runs cooler
-heated grips, cruise control
HA, the upgrades go on. Also I've seen some deals on these Gen. 3's and rumor has it 2020 will be last year in production?????

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
"Does this count? It's my 1978 DT175/255. It has a Yamaha Blaster engine swapped in with a big bore kit,+4mm crank, heavily ported, custom pipe and Lectron carb among other things."

A Lectron carb?-------Hey Tim, really now, how old are you? :giggle:
(pretty cool rig!)

Reactions: 1216bandit

·
Registered
536 Posts
Pic is when I spent several winters in Arizona. Bike is a 2001 Bandit 1200. Actual displacment in 1157 c.c. It has 1216 J.E. pistons, .020 off the head, head ported and polished, GSXR 1100 cams, cams degreed for low end grunt, brock/hindle full exhaust, factory pro jet kit..145 at the back wheel and 90 ft/lbs of stump pulling grunt. I really need to start riding that bike more!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Had this Red 1989 Hawk 650 GT for 4 years already and put on 10K+ miles on it. Modes include rare Kosman widened front wheel, jet kit, penske rear shock, racetec springs/GVE forks, larger radiator, Fuel slip on, period correct Targa windscreen in matching color and a Corbin solo seat. Tops 115mph, 12.4 quater mile. 400 pounds. It loves mountain roads the best.

Last year got a great deal on the modded 1988 Blue Hawk with under 15k miles. Already put 2500 miles on it. Most of the same mods as red Hawk has were already done. Paint is original on both bikes. Blue bike's clear coat on all engine metal is still original. Red I had to polish some. Most reliable and fun bikes I have owned. Real keepers
IMG_4755.JPG

IMG_4742.JPG

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
2 of my older bikes

A 2013 Hyosung gt250 and a 2015 KLR 650.

I really liked the KLR, it was a fun bkke to get on and go most places and I could commute down to about 25 degrees.

But the hyosung was garbage, I hated that thing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
[QUOTE="Crossbar1773, post: 893229, member: 13530"

I really liked the KLR, it was a fun bkke to get on and go most places and I could commute down to about 25 degree
[/QUOTE]

FAIL----No milk crate on the KLR!😊

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Lol, nope. No milk crate

I couldn't find a yellow one...

Reactions: shamrock
1 - 20 of 38 Posts