Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey if anyone has any comments about the video I'd love to hear it! Thanks! Love the forum, first time making a video with my go-pro on my first bike! This forum helped me choose it. Veryy happy

·
Registered
158 Posts
That highway looks like a ton of fun. Love watching videos like this once the bike has been put away for the winter, makes the 5-6 month wait till I get to ride her again just a little bit easier.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Nice video, what section of Ortega where you riding? I've been there a number of times and didn't recognize half of the video.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice video, what section of Ortega where you riding? I've been there a number of times and didn't recognize half of the video.
All but one section of the video is actually Ortega. The part where it fades to white with the trees over head is Live Oak Canyon. Most of the video is the part after the bridge and what we call the carousel (after the candy store). The end is a straight on the way out of the canyon. I hit 142mph right there! ECU flash does wonders on this bike.

Thanks guys! I had a blast filming it, we're lucky out here in SoCal, it was a hot day in November, tires were sticky and asphalt was warm. Great for riding!

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Nice vid, even the music has a good vibe.
I've seen alot of videos shot on bikes in Cali and I'm always saying to myself "damn those are scary fast roads".
Most of the stuff we ride in Tennessee, North Carolina and Georgia are much tighter and more remote.
Many, many years ago I lived in Yuba City Cal and had a blast riding those roads but never had the chance to ride in Southern California.
(I have always subscribed to the notion that riding twisty roads is like sex------even the less perfect encounters are wonderful!!)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
riding twisty roads is like sex------even the less perfect encounters are wonderful!!)
Dude, you nailed it. I look at my naked FZ-09 the same way i look at my naked girlfriend hahahaha.

There are many really tight roads out here as well, Palomar being one of them, Angeles crest has some awesome sections as well. You have to be doing 90+ before you can get your knee down in most of the turns on Ortega.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts