Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m always skeptical when I see new things in the garage department especially when certain items have worked for my old man and the industry for years.

Here I present from Permatex, orange thread locker:

I am an absolute $lut when it comes to threadlocking everything on my bike. Today I replace woodcraft foot pegs and while at home depot(for an air filter) I swung by the tools and recalled my Loctite Blue was running low. Saw this but as skeptical as I was I kept with the old faith blue until I did more research.

Reactions: E-Wolf

·
Registered
‘14 FZ-09 ‘18 MT-07
48 Posts
Blue has always served me well but that orange looks promising, I’m a locktite simp as well! Learned a lesson recently after locktiting the screws on my tank side scoops... had to remove them and promptly broke the stick on the side covers housing the clip-on threads 😩

Side note, I probably wouldn’t replace the stock air filter with a Home Depot furnace filter. Bigger doesn’t always mean better😋

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
854 Posts
The drips will match my bike.... lol I'd throw a bolt in the vise. Throw some on and see how it plays out once set up. I'd be interested to see if it's really better. I wonder if this is the official fix for the ******** mixing red and blue but with a better color outcome.

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
705 Posts
You've got to be kidding me. I already have red for high strength and then blue to be more easily removable and now you tell there is orange. This is difficult to comprehend. How many strengths are there? Are there purple, yellow and green? When does it all end. I thought I bought everything I could possibly spend $ on. O the humanity...........

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
You've got to be kidding me. I already have red for high strength and then blue to be more easily removable and now you tell there is orange. This is difficult to comprehend. How many strengths are there? Are there purple, yellow and green? When does it all end. I thought I bought everything I could possibly spend $ on. O the humanity...........
There is a Purple !! Low strength !!!

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,319 Posts
And there’s also green! 🤪 It’s a penetrating threadlocker that you can apply after the fastener is in place (I’ve never tried it)...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Here I present from Permatex, orange thread locker...
Saw this but as skeptical as I was I kept with the old faith blue until I did more research.
Different brands. Blue is Loctite, this is a competing product.
My red and blue Loctite will tend to last at least 5 years before I lose the cap or something, so I have no reason to jump ship.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Different brands. Blue is Loctite, this is a competing product.
My red and blue Loctite will tend to last at least 5 years before I lose the cap or something, so I have no reason to jump ship.
Permatex has there own blue as well. This is something that has different properties than blue

Reactions: Lone Wolf

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
I'm waiting for general purpose plaid.

Reactions: Fred

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
I think the interweaved colours must be stronger. Like carbon fibre. Or crochet.

Reactions: Screan29
1 - 17 of 17 Posts