Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of you with the orange stitching how well does it match the tank and does it hold color, stain easy, this is my only hangup on getting this seat is down to the color .....Thanks!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I believe you're talking about the Seat Concepts seat, which I have with an orange stitch. The orange stitching matches nicely. Its not an exact match to either the tank or the wheel stripe but it is a nice match nonetheless and ties everything in well. As for stains and holding color, I've had mine for close to a year and it hasn't faded yet. I haven't gotten mud on it or pooped my britches so I can't speak for stains. :)

If I'd picture it with black stitches, I'd prefer having the orange.

If you're talking about Corbin or another type of seat, those may be different.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I believe you're talking about the Seat Concepts seat, which I have with an orange stitch. The orange stitching matches nicely. Its not an exact match to either the tank or the wheel stripe but it is a nice match nonetheless and ties everything in well. As for stains and holding color, I've had mine for close to a year and it hasn't faded yet. I haven't gotten mud on it or pooped my britches so I can't speak for stains. :)

If I'd picture it with black stitches, I'd prefer having the orange.

If you're talking about Corbin or another type of seat, those may be different.

With the Orange Stitching do you have to request it with the order? as it isn't an open on the website.

Also does this seat help prevent the sliding back under heavy acceleration?

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Reactions: gearsmasher

·
Registered
202 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the orange stiching and the carbon/gripper combination. The colors don't exactly match. I think because the tank is so bright, the cloth stitching looks not as orange. Hard to explain. But having said that, I think the orange stitching looks great. Just a little bit of color that ties the whole room together, Dude. If I had it to do over again, I would get the orange stiching for sure. And no, I don't slide back when I hit the gas.

Reactions: gearsmasher
1 - 8 of 8 Posts