Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I am in a rock and a hard pace right now. Well I am going to be putting my YZF600r up for sale some time in the next week because I am ready for new bike. been riding for over 5 years year since I was 17. i ready for something different, preferably with more power. That's why I have had my eyes on this bike for sometime now.

Well I talked to a friend today who just recently bought a 2006 Honda CB600f (599 Hornet). He now wants to sell it for 4000 to me (think I can get him a little lower). This price makes me tempted but the style of 09 is much better looking to me and it has more power....but all that comes at a price tag more than double. I know I could make the payments but being in school I don't think it is a wise move.

What do y'all think? Any body in the Cincinnati area want to let me test ride their's to convince me to stay on path towards the 09 :)?

Anyone have experience with the 599 that can share some insight?

From reading around, it seem like a lot of you guys/gals have a few more years on me and so I'm figuring I can trust y'all to help me make a wise decision.

Thanks.:confused:

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you can afford it get the 09 if not keep your YZF600R. I have the same bike and it handles everything I throw at it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

W

·
0 Posts
The smart play is to buy a used bike and keep those payments down if you are in school. Once you get out and get a job you can buy a nice new machine. I don't see the point, though, in getting the Honda in place of the Yamaha. I have quite a few miles on the YZF600, almost all on the racetrack, as these were used as instructor bikes for the school I worked with. That bike actually handled very well and had no vices or gremlins and it's a great all-rounder and sport-tourer. Why not just hang on to it and save your dough until you can really afford your new dream bike?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Surprisingly my insurance is pretty low. $25 a month.

I will say the yzf600r does handle it own and it does surprise me how well it stands up to the abuse I put through but I just want something newer. Its a 2000 and I just rolled 31000 on it. I just get nervous. I already rebuilt the trans three years ago (that was at 18,000 miles). I'm just worried that I am going to have to dump money into it shortly (clutch, tires, battery, etc) and I would rather put that towards something new.

The bike does show its age and its has a fair amount of scratches on it from the previous owner and it just bugs the crap out of me looking at them. I've always been wanting something new and kicked around a street triple but then this cam out and it really perked my ears up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My mom who is my insurance agent quoted me for the 09 and its really not that bad. From what everyone else has been saying, I feel like my quote is pretty good for my age ($1200-$1000).

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I know I could make the payments but being in school I don't think it is a wise move.
Then it probably isn't. ;) I understand being in the mood for new etc, but like W8 said above getting a used bike can make more sense. I prefer knowing that if in an instant I wad a bike it won't be huge financial hardship. But after considering both the costs of buying and owning a new bike the decision is up to you.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I can sure understand your desire to get an FZ-09, all of here want one or we wouldn't be here. And, I think the bike is a good choice for a do-it-all kind of motorcycle. However, if you are still in school do not take on any added financial obligations now. The stress of meeting your financial obligations can easily eat up the pleasure of having the new bike. For $9,000 you can put a lot of maintenance into your existing bike. Wait until you can own the bike instead of the bike owning you.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm in Cincinnati, and I can say this get the 09 ! Love mine ! stop in Beechmont motorsports they should have another one in soon

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am kind of against getting a loan at all to pay for a motorcycle especially when you are still in school. With school loans you are likely already in debt and don't have a lot of income. The repo man is not a nice man.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
yeah, stick it out with what you have now. School and work is hard enough to manage without adding financial burden that can be used for many other more useful things in this stage of your life: social life, putting aside for something to tide you over in case you don't get a job right out of school, investing, saving, house fund, etc.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
246 Posts
As much as I hate to say it, cold weather will be coming soon. Best thing to do is wait and watch for a replacement bike at a wintertime (much lower) price.

·
Registered
9 Posts
As much as I hate to say it, cold weather will be coming soon. Best thing to do is wait and watch for a replacement bike at a wintertime (much lower) price.
Exactly why I'm waiting to buy my fz09...still need to pay for my ski pass:mad: I also figured there would be a larger stock of bikes from various dealers = better deal

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you didn't have a bike at all -- I would say buy your friends'. But since you already have one, I would just keep the one I have and put in a few bucks for upkeep -- whatever you think is most important to fix in your current bike. You don't have to fix everything in one go. Especially cosmetic stuff can be done later when you have some dough in hand.

W

·
0 Posts
Well you know what they say: progress is the result of man's desire to live beyond his means.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lots of wisdom from all of you and I appreciate. Well I guess I'll just be wishing I win the lottery soon. I will have an 09 regardless one day. Thanks again

·
Registered
611 Posts
Lots of wisdom from all of you and I appreciate. Well I guess I'll just be wishing I win the lottery soon. I will have an 09 regardless one day. Thanks again
I am not sure if you are able to, but if you can get a job and work while in school, you could have your cake and eat it too =)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well actually I am currently working. I am studying to be a mechanical engineer and here at school we have to co-op (intern) in order to graduate. I get paid pretty well so this is why I am kicking around the idea. I've been putting in like 10 hours of OT every week and I am asking for more. If I can get some more, I think I may be able to swing it and join the cool club. Trying to stay on a tight budget.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts