Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - Aussie MT09 owner here and looking to see if anyone has used the ECUWest reflash and opinions or thoughts from those who are better with the 1's and 0's of tuning than me!

I'm tossing up the ECUWest flash vs a PC-V with a full dyno tune. ECU flash is $500 AUD and of course is ECU out and send away. PC-V will be install and dyno tune.

ECUWest claims 6hp, 3nm on a stock bike and does everything the Stoltec does it seems but also has fuel maps as well as ingition. PC-V would of course be the whole box and dice mapping.

Keen to reduce the engine breaking and smooth the throttle of course and less retard would be nice too but really want to smooth the light throttle cruise. With the Akrapovic on there (the stainless/titanium) it pops and farts massively at light throttle, dealer had blocked the AIS but I want to check there is no gaps/leaks perhaps. For a pipe that says no tuning required it's a little disappointing that it's so rough at light throttle (eg I had a ZX10 with no tuning and a MASSIVE Yoshi RS3 and it would burble a bit on light throttle but nothing like the MT!

So after anyone who has used ECUWest and your thoughts or other ideas (I know a lot of you use the EJK and talk of the other ECU flash cable available but not keen on self tuning to be honest)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hey all - Aussie MT09 owner here and looking to see if anyone has used the ECUWest reflash and opinions or thoughts from those who are better with the 1's and 0's of tuning than me!

I'm tossing up the ECUWest flash vs a PC-V with a full dyno tune. ECU flash is $500 AUD and of course is ECU out and send away. PC-V will be install and dyno tune.

ECUWest claims 6hp, 3nm on a stock bike and does everything the Stoltec does it seems but also has fuel maps as well as ingition. PC-V would of course be the whole box and dice mapping.

Keen to reduce the engine breaking and smooth the throttle of course and less retard would be nice too but really want to smooth the light throttle cruise. With the Akrapovic on there (the stainless/titanium) it pops and farts massively at light throttle, dealer had blocked the AIS but I want to check there is no gaps/leaks perhaps. For a pipe that says no tuning required it's a little disappointing that it's so rough at light throttle (eg I had a ZX10 with no tuning and a MASSIVE Yoshi RS3 and it would burble a bit on light throttle but nothing like the MT!

So after anyone who has used ECUWest and your thoughts or other ideas (I know a lot of you use the EJK and talk of the other ECU flash cable available but not keen on self tuning to be honest)
Completely transforms the bike. I had the flash done for the stock bike. I have a PCV to tune for the Akra system. My line of thinking was to get the stock bike as good as it could be with just the ECU flash & to then add the mods I wanted from the new base point.

Best lot of $500 you'll spend.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just wondering if you went with the ECUwest re flash or not, I'm in the same dilemma about getting the ECU re flashed, but I don't know a great deal about it.

I've spoke to a few people over the ECU re flash and some tell me to use the PCV along with the re flash as the fueling may still be an issue with a re flashed ECU ?!?!

·
Vendor
1,510 Posts
Just wondering if you went with the ECUwest re flash or not, I'm in the same dilemma about getting the ECU re flashed, but I don't know a great deal about it.

I've spoke to a few people over the ECU re flash and some tell me to use the PCV along with the re flash as the fueling may still be an issue with a re flashed ECU ?!?!
no issues with using a pcv after a flash.

a pcv just installs between the ecu and the injectors and modifies the pulse width of the signal being sent out by the ecu. It has no idea if the ecu is flashed or not

1 - 4 of 4 Posts