Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my FZ on Friday and after getting it home, I noticed only one of the front forks has an adjustment screw on the top. Is this normal?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yes, very normal anymore. I believe it really is a way to save money. The factory has to only put "good stuff" in one leg. It hurts nothing, and probably works as well as it ever did.

Get ready for springs only on one leg. A few dirt bikes do this already.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
The left leg is a dummy cartridge. It is normal for a bike that retails for $7,999. Search the thread for Stoltec Moto, he has various threads with upgrades for suspension. Unless you weigh 140 lbs, stiffer springs are a must.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The left leg is a dummy cartridge. It i normal for a bike that retails for $7,999. Search the thread for Stoltec Moto, he has various threads with upgrades for suspension. Unless you weigh 140 lbs, stiffer springs are a must.
My FZ rode like a log wagon. I ended up adjusting preload to .710 with max rebound up front. Out back, set preload to minimum and rebound to max as well. Our temps have been around mid 50's here though. So that may play a part. BTW, Im 204lbs with gear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts