Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm obviously late to the party. I just
got my factory ECU remap/headlight-recall
completed. The difference is amazing.
When riding at night I can still see where I'm
headed just like I did before...

No really, the remap vastly improved the bikes personality.
It probably doesn't hold a candle to some of the
independent performance maps available out there but I'm happy.
It's a new machine.

Much much better than new! I'm ecstatic.

Get you some!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi rinky dink..I've had my 9 now for a few months and mostly commute on the bike..I leave the bike in b mode as I find that std and a modes are far too aggressive for traffic..would you say that the flash makes std mode ok for normal riding?.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi rinky dink..I've had my 9 now for a few months and mostly commute on the bike..I leave the bike in b mode as I find that std and a modes are far too aggressive for traffic..would you say that the flash makes std mode ok for normal riding?.

Hi Yellow I use mine for communting for last 9 mths and like you used to keep it in B mode. Post the flash it is always in STD now (unless it rains hard). It stops that surging you used to get and is more linear in operation

·
Registered
391 Posts
The 2015's must have the new fuel map as mine is really smooth in STD mode. What's the headlamp recall involve?

·
Registered
768 Posts
I was present when the rewire was done. The headlight recall work is a bit involved.
Your bike may have already been fixed. Yamaha specified that any units still in dealer inventory not be sold until the upgraded harness had been installed. Look for a punch mark above the VIN #.
recall 1.jpg

recall 2.JPG

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
The 2015's must have the new fuel map as mine is really smooth in STD mode. What's the headlamp recall involve?
I believe the 2015s already have the new ecu flash. How punchy it is also depends on your riding style and what you're coming from. My sv650 was very similar in the throttle department. The fz is worse but I got used to it.

I doubt the recall impacts your bike. It's been out for months (you would hope the dealer would have fixed it before selling he bike) and only mostly affected earlier 2014 models.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yellow shooz2,

Yes yes and yes. I am so pleased with this remap. Every mode is like it's supposed to be. Of course I don't switch them anymore, just start her up and go. I can finally shift it smoothly from first to second gear. My dealer did tell me once it's done, there is no going back. That made me a little uneasy but wow what a difference and it was free!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
All 2015 are sold with the fixes as previously stated, but 2014s are up to the dealers scheduling them. My dealer told me he hadn't done any 2014s yet at the end of October. My 2015 throttle response is excellent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts