Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I pick up a new motorcycle, I've made somewhat of a routine out of running a loop of Lake Okeechobee in South Florida from my home in West Central Florida. It's a great way to get a big chunk out of the running in while at the same time getting acquainted with the motorcycle on a number of different roads. I usually get right on the loop, but I had a ton of work for our family biz to deal with after I picked up my new 2016 FZ-09 last Wednesday. I headed out this morning with only 22 miles on the odometer. Total loop was 386 miles and, as you can see from the photo, the weather couldn't have been better. I can't wait for the Spring so I can get this bike up to the Smokys in North Carolina.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Welcome.

Oh wow, 10 days and only 400 miles. I've had mine for nearly two months and I'll just get past 100 miles this weekend.... You guys are lucky in the winter for sure, not so much in the summer though I guess.

Congrats and enjoy. Lots of good info here...

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Will do. Hoping for a little time tomorrow before the spotty rain and then something decent on Sunday morning...

Good luck with the supply line...we had to do that a couple years back, but our house is a lot closer to the street than yours...

·
Registered
1 Posts
West Palm here as well! Talk to me, what is the actual route that you're taking for the loop? Im super curious!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts