Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helo I ve read the older thread about oil problem and none were similar to mine upto those i read. So i have a 2015 Yamaha fz09 with 7000km on it , oil new from 6500km , i'm driving almost all the Time hard with the bike , wheelie and everything. I always let the bike heat before going hard. But yesterday i sent to drag racing and after maybe 7 or 8 run my bike smelled oil or something but i wasn't sure as there was so many Honda smoking oil. Anyway i did not took chance and stop racing to only watch, once the bike cold i started it again and noticed little smoke, when reving it look like if i had my old yz250 . Puffing bleuish grey smoke, i let it run and when hot it stopped, i stopped the bike again 1 hour later i tried back no smoke when starting cold. Any idea?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Could be pumping a lot of oil vapor into the air box, where it would go thru the throttle bodies or out thru the air injection system, assuming it is still stock bike.
As hard as you are running it, check the oil level often, compression check every now and then and exhaust valve clearances by 10K.
You know the clutches are kind of fragile yes?

Reactions: LouG

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So i changed my sparkplug, they were still fine but as i had them in my hand, i put new one. Also i cleaned that oil from my air box. And i bought an injector cleaner. The bike smoked at the first cold start but i think it was the remanent oil in the system. I Will try again tomorrow to see if the system is cleaner now and has stop smoking from exhaust fume. I,ve read that the oil in the airbox is due to too much oil or being too much at the rev limit. Is there any thing elie that coule had cause it.

·
Registered
629 Posts
To stop the oil going thru the airbox, run a hose from the engine port to a catch can or over your chain. And plug the airbox hole.
Injector cleaner will do nothing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts