Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,

Expecting my bike to arrive next week and just wondering if anyone has found an online source for the oil filters required it? Generally I do a hundred miles or so then change the oil / filter and run it to its first proper service but since the bikes are arriving in Australia this week, the dealers don't have maintenance parts just yet :(

Any ideas? :)

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Hi aokman, this thread: http://www.yamahafz09.com/forum/32-yamaha-fz-09-guides-how-s/429-misc-info-fz-09-maintenance-jobs.html
Has this Yamaha part number: 5GH-13440-50-00

If you do a forum search for that part number you will find another Yamaha filter number that works.

A company on American Amazon has it: Amazon.com: Yamaha 5GH-13440-00-00 Oil Element Assy; ATV Motorcycle Snow Mobile Scooter Parts: Automotive

But I don't know if they ship to Australia.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oil filter

Hi aokman, this thread: http://www.yamahafz09.com/forum/32-yamaha-fz-09-guides-how-s/429-misc-info-fz-09-maintenance-jobs.html
Has this Yamaha part number: 5GH-13440-50-00

If you do a forum search for that part number you will find another Yamaha filter number that works.

A company on American Amazon has it: Amazon.com: Yamaha 5GH-13440-00-00 Oil Element Assy; ATV Motorcycle Snow Mobile Scooter Parts: Automotive

But I don't know if they ship to Australia.
I use mobil 1 m1mc-134

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any FZ6R filter will work, same pn#.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Thanks for that, thats what I needed to know Ill just get a couple from the dealer for that model :)

Sorry guys I did a search but must of been using the wrong words :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Best price I found at Motosport.com 7.88 for Yamaha OEM. Don't know about shipping.
Shipping is good; $8 on orders under $79 and free over $79.
I just used it to pick up 4 filters and some oil for my first couple changes. Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Fram lists two filters- PH6017A (same as for my Hawk GT and my son's Daytona 675)
PH6607 (same as for my old Miata- always wondered if it would work on the Hawk)
HiFlo also makes one that fits the Hawk GT- HF303.
You can buy these almost anywhere for $6-7, and often on sale for less. I've used these on my Hawk for the last 18 years and 36k miles- never an issue.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Shipping is good; $8 on orders under $79 and free over $79.
I just used it to pick up 4 filters and some oil for my first couple changes. Thanks for the link!
Your welcome. I will stay with OEM filter tell out of warranty cause it feels so warm and fuzzy. Some day my bike will come in. Mr. dealer got a carbon in but have to have a red. s#^t.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have used HiFloFiltro on all of my bikes as well as the factory filter. I have 3 unused HiFlo's for the 09 so that is what I will be using in the near future.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I like K&N filters. It also includes a standard wrench fitting in the front of the filter, making removal quite easy. I have also heard that K&N tends to do a better job at filtering the impurities in the oil than other brands.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts