Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what's the latest news for a low profile drain plug out there?
What have you guys been doing for a replacement and oil pan protection?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Dude! KLX forum, 351. How's it going? Did you sell her? Anyway, there are a few low profile ones out there, but I've yet to see installs and feedback. Otherwise, just don't "hump and bump" it, and no curb hopping. Bad Gary, bad!:welcoming::welcoming:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Heres my solution, 3/8" alum. plate welded to my 1st cracked sump bottom (crack repaired of course), Belmetric low profile drain plug
in recessed hole in armored bottom and a SW Motech bash plate.

sump repair.jpg 20141010_164800_resized.jpg 20141010_164839_resized.jpg sump repair.jpg

·
Registered
768 Posts
2014 Mazda Skyactive 2.5 drain plug. Shortened "fin" on the oil pan.
IMG_7776.jpg IMG_7782.jpg

·
Registered
962 Posts
Looks like just enough bolt head to be able to drill it to safety wire it. I think I'll put it on my todo list and just not take the fin down so far so I can drill it too. I no longer get any track time - but safety wiring my drain plug is an old habit that I don't want to break...

·
Registered
768 Posts
Looks like just enough bolt head to be able to drill it to safety wire it. I think I'll put it on my todo list and just not take the fin down so far so I can drill it too. I no longer get any track time - but safety wiring my drain plug is an old habit that I don't want to break...
How would you drill it? A or B? or ____ ?

wire.JPG

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
sorry screwed up pics, heres view of bash plate
View attachment 10934
Other than drilling a hole for the drain plug, did you do any mods to the SW Motech bash plate??

I ask because it looks shorter. Yours does not seem to stick out as far in from of the exhaust headers as others I have seen???

·
Registered
98 Posts
no other changes, thought about it but once we installed the armored sump not much left to adjust (see end pic) actually had to grind down a corner of the sump
bottom to clear the SW Motech bracket, also the bash plate works great for a bike lift easily supported the weight and gave a flat tho sloped surface for the lift.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dude! KLX forum, 351. How's it going? Did you sell her? Anyway, there are a few low profile ones out there, but I've yet to see installs and feedback. Otherwise, just don't "hump and bump" it, and no curb hopping. Bad Gary, bad!:welcoming::welcoming:
hey whats up!! I haven't checked in here for a while but yeah I sold the KLX after thrashing it for a few years. It was getting heavier and heavier as I got older and older LOL. I moved down in HP and up in FUN with a Plated CRF230F big bore( of course) and a cam it got enough torque and is 50# lighter.
Nice chatting on this thread Hijack!!!!!! OK resume oil plug talk!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts