Ohlins NIX 30 Street or Andreani

• Andreani/Bitubo/Mupo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
You have to get weight over the front which is why lowering the front helped. Lots of ways to do it. Try one, or try them all.
lower the front.
raise the rear
sit closer to the tank.
lean forward more.
set sag properly
increase rear compression damping to slow the rearward weight transfer when accelerating.
increase the front rebound damping to slow the extension of the forks down when accelerating.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Yes, all great adjustment ideas to balance out the bike. You can do it Zaira, but keep at it and be patient.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Does his model have the same bars as the first 09's? They are a problem in themselves, they put the rider too upright.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I got the K-Tech Razor R shock and am Waiting for my Ohlins NIX30 Street carts to come in. Thanks to COVID there is a significant delay in getting them CONUS from the Swedens

·
Registered
19 Posts
You can contact Dave and Fast Bike Industries and talk to him. I have the Nitron TVT22's and spring rated for my weight of 270. They are priced in the $800 range. These also have a HS compression dampening feature.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I got the K-Tech Razor R shock and am Waiting for my Ohlins NIX30 Street carts to come in. Thanks to COVID there is a significant delay in getting them CONUS from the Swedens

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Does his model have the same bars as the first 09's? They are a problem in themselves, they put the rider too upright.
I think they are the same, at least they felt the same to me.
I have rolled my bars down a little as it was easier than changing the bars to a henry/reed bend like i did on the last one. More a comfort thing for me with surgically enhanced wrists than weight distribution.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Well, that could be part of his problem. I had to change mine straight away, far too upright and they pinched a nerve in my back.
It's looking like Zairas problem is a combination of things causing him to unload the front wheel. He sounds like a big guy with a high CDa factor ( Coeffiecient of drag by area).
I'd be surprised if a cartridge change will fix it.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Back in 2014 I first went with RC highs like heaps of other MT's 'cause i am a tall guy. Very upright, very elbows out MX aggressive. Awesome to motard it through traffic, but shit to lean forward for track work.
The henry/reed was a much better compromise.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well, that could be part of his problem. I had to change mine straight away, far too upright and they pinched a nerve in my back.
It's looking like Zairas problem is a combination of things causing him to unload the front wheel. He sounds like a big guy with a high CDa factor ( Coeffiecient of drag by area).
I'd be surprised if a cartridge change will fix it.
Yep, im big guy. Was body builder before. Im 185cm, 107kgs now. Yesterday i lowered front by reducing preload. I dont know how much, didnt measure. But at least 5 mm from balance. Bike does not oversteer 2 much, added to stability.
On my bike i have MRA racing screen. I think main problem is that i have 10N/mm springs in forks with oil in forks. IMO springs are 2 strong for the stock carts (2018 model).

Interesting thing is that when i ride with my wife, bike is totally stable at high speeds, up to rev limiter.
Im going 9.5 N/mm NIX30 front and will go 105N/mm on my YA535 (10/115 now).

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
@zaira
Where do you you sit on the bike solo?
And where do sit two-up?

I tend to sit in the middle of the seat solo, but right up against the tank when i have a pillion.

That would make a big difference with 107kgs.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I agree with keef - At 107 (235 pounds) your at the in between for .95 or .90 springs. Probably better on the .90 springs riding solo.

Last year I was 215 pounds, this year I've been going to the gym and have bulked up to 230. I have .90 springs and sit closest to the tank as I can.

.90 works great for me.

But with 2 ups you may consider .95, but solo I'd stay with .90. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
39 Posts
@zaira
Where do you you sit on the bike solo?
And where do sit two-up?

I tend to sit in the middle of the seat solo, but right up against the tank when i have a pillion.

That would make a big difference with 107kgs.
Yes mate, just like you.

I agree with keef - At 107 (235 pounds) your at the in between for .95 or .90 springs. Probably better on the .90 springs riding solo.

Last year I was 215 pounds, this year I've been going to the gym and have bulked up to 230. I have .90 springs and sit closest to the tank as I can.

.90 works great for me.

But with 2 ups you may consider .95, but solo I'd stay with .90. Just my opinion.
Ok. Im close to the bottom with zip tie when i break hard. I think that 9.5N/mm with Ohlins recomended 160mm gap will be ok.

Whats your shock on the back, and what spring do you have?

SLM13, guy from Italy went to ARP and they tuned his suspension. They lowered forks 3mm, and they do alot of MT09 tuning, i will do the same.

He has 85kg with gear, and 9 N/mm NIX 30, and YA535 with 95 N/mm on the rear.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
That makes sense.

I've got a penske double clicker in the rear with hyperco spring 600

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
@zaira , so now we know why its stable 2 up, you have all your weight forward.

How much rear rider sag do you have?
You should have around 40-42mm front, and around 35-37 rear.

·
Registered
96 Posts
FWIW, I just installed a K-tech Razor R rear. I had the suspension adjusted with OEM fronts and below were the results

I then went out and one of the first sessions this happened:

for reference I was on brand new S22’s running warmers on them(yes I know overkill)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Look what came with the mail today!! Going to install it this weekend, hope to get a testride in on sunday.
9A586DDC-040D-41A0-B756-1A23DDAD3663.jpeg

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
@PinoyRider88
i Just noticed the sag numbers, 44F, 31R.
they should be within 5-7mm of each other. A 13mm difference will make the bike unbalanced. I terms of sag, the back is set for racetrack smooth roads, the front is bumpy commuting roads.
I'd soften the rear.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Installed them this evening. Took me about 4 hours including removing and installing the front wheel. I took my time and everything went really easy. Old cartridge came out much easier than expected. If it stays dry tomorrow i’ll go out for a testride and keep you guys posted!

41 - 60 of 64 Posts