Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my '15 FZ 09 today after doing a couple hours of reading through threads on this site. In 1986 I wanted a Yamaha Fazer, but never got one. After seeing this FZ 09 it took my back to high school days and it was all over from there. I've had bikes my whole life, but I'm not a die hard rider, definitely fair weather. The last bike I had was an '05 R6 purchased new and sold in 2010 with 1500 miles on it. The seating position just about killed me, I don't have the greatest back. Anyway, that's my story. I'm researching seats now . . . here's a pic, I beat the rain today by about 20 minutes.

Matt -

·
Registered
635 Posts
I picked up my '15 FZ 09 today after doing a couple hours of reading through threads on this site. In 1986 I wanted a Yamaha Fazer, but never got one. After seeing this FZ 09 it took my back to high school days and it was all over from there. I've had bikes my whole life, but I'm not a die hard rider, definitely fair weather. The last bike I had was an '05 R6 purchased new and sold in 2010 with 1500 miles on it. The seating position just about killed me, I don't have the greatest back. Anyway, that's my story. I'm researching seats now . . . here's a pic, I beat the rain today by about 20 minutes.

Welcome, I too wanted the Fazer back in the day, but got married and kids so even my beloved 600 Ninja had to go- kids sure cost alot! Kids grown and wives are Ex's so when I saw the FZ-09 mid life-crisis and memories of days past collided thus I am now a proud owner of my Golden Dragon and love to hear her roar. Yep the seat will hurt your Taint and A$$ so it is an advisable upgrade for any prolonged riding i.e. an hour or more. I am waiting on my Corbin to come in within the next month.
View attachment 17281 View attachment 17282 View attachment 17283

·
Registered
475 Posts
Awesome Matt! Fantastic looking rig! And great to have you in the fold! Look forward to hearing more of your story...

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motorcycling

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, this site has been very helpful. I had no idea the bike had different riding modes, 3 cylinders or that there was a recall. I ran out to the garage and check my manufacture date, it's 11/14. I guess the recall doesn't apply.

I bought my 700 Raptor in late '12, it has 6.4 hours on it. Told my wife I was going to trade it in on the FZ, she said no way we have to keep it. So, we're hoping to make time for the bike!

·
Registered
70 Posts

Matt -

Welcome! I am a new member as of mid May. Where in Ohio are you located?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Akron, Ohio here.

I'm looking forward to June 4th !!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
My man! Not only you picked the right bike, but the right color as well. Congratulations and enjoy.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome from Cincinnati. Not only did you get the right bike, based on your signature, you also have great taste in cars. I've had 2, an 85 hot air GN and an 87 Turbo T. I'm actually in the market for a t-top 86-87 GN now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love the old G-Body GN's, here's a quick little video of mine. Don't want to get too far off topic here, but you'll appreciate this. I ran one time at the track, it did 11.50 in the 1/4 mile. With a little practice it would do 11.10, with a little boost I think it could crack a 10.99 The best part about the Buick is the motor is bone stock and I tune it myself with a FAST XFI system. It's nice and quiet, the electric cutout was opened for the run.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts