Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone here has the ogio tail bag, and if so where did you attached the two rear straps? I can't find anywhere convenient except for the rear fender arm. And I plan to remove that here shortly with my Yoshimura FE.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It comes with some straps, but just can't find a good place to hook the rear ones to to make sure the bag slides forward. Think I figured out a good solution though. I just tied two of the straps together and looped it around the tail of the bike. didn't strap it to anything; just to each other.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive tire Vehicle Auto part Automotive exterior Tire Automotive tire Hand Footwear Technology Finger Electronic device

Pics. The two on the bike are before I tied the two rear straps together. Originally I just had them looped around the stock fender. Now I tied the two together and just loop it underneath the seat. I rode about 150 miles today with it on and had no problems. I think the bag takes away a bit of seat space, but not too bad.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I have the same bag, and that is exactly what I did when I used it a couple times. Now I am back to my back pack.

Reactions: dcpppf

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My one real complaint about it is just that it is a hair too long. Pushing me forward on the already uncomfortable seat. Next time I need it I plan to try to put it on sideways to see if it helps any. Will let you know.

Curious to hear broncs reasoning too

·
Registered
110 Posts
Anybody try a keyring under the seat like this guy?

Tried it but got in the way of the locking mechanism.

I have the same bag, i ran the rear straps through the small gaps on each side of the tail light and anchored the straps to the bracket that covers the seat latch.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I just installed my Nelson Rigg ...It's a bit smaller and just went through this myself... looks like yours mounts about the same as mine.. this is how I installed mine ... the front straps are mounted the seat strap point and the rear I drilled holes on the side of the seat hump on the underside of he seat and pop riveted them on.. Now I can remove the seat with the bag installed and once the bag is removed I can tuck the straps under the seat and can not tell they are even there .....Pics : bag installed .. Bag removed with straps showing... straps tucked under the seat... Underside mounting points...

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts