Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your riding Mulholland and want to connect, chime in here.

Feel free to use this thread for any future rides on Mulholland.

=====
I'll be there early tomorrow 7/27/14 around 8am.

Gonna run the snake all morning then head home before lunch and before the traffic picks up. Sun is rising at 6am tomorrow so the asphalt should be nice and warm fairly early.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I want to go out there so bad but all of those RNickey Mouse videos have me scared lol. Not in for tomorrow but definitely would like to set up something on a Sunday soon!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I want to go out there so bad but all of those RNickey Mouse videos have me scared lol. Not in for tomorrow but definitely would like to set up something on a Sunday soon!
Don't sweat those videos. They do show a lot of carnage - but what they don't show are the 1000's and 1000's of runs up and down where nothing happens.

One thing to note is that Sunday afternoon is the WORST possible time for riding the snake, it is crowded with tons of cars, bikes and bicycles. It is however fun to watch all of the insanity on a Sunday afternoon.

I stopped by yesterday at the end of my ride and Jay Leno pulled up in his new McClaren P1 - pretty nice car. But riding the snake was frustrating with all of the traffic on it.

If you want to make some runs up and down it, weekdays or earlier in the morning on the weekends are the best.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Let me know if you guys set something up for Sunday. I am free in the morning but have a family event at 1pm.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Kirk I'm down for this Sunday. Pm me details on when and where to meet.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm in for a Sunday run. PM info on meeting place/time.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'm still up in the air here, so you guys set something up and if I can make it I'll see you there.

Upsidedown, you riding up from Oceanside?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yup. Driving up from O'side in the morning.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heading out early AM if anyone wants to join up.

Gonna do Stunt and Latigo canyon.. Latigo has some fairly fresh pavement and no traffic.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I went up there for lunch today. Saw a red one riding in a group.
The traffic was sooo light, and the day gorgeous, I'm thinking I'll do this regularly, like twice a week during lunch hour. Mondays and Thursdays.
So, who works/lives in the west side who can get away for two hours during lunch to go play with me? 12:00-2:00pm.
Like I mentioned, only two hours from Venice CA, to the vista point, (with a gas stop) down to the rock store, up again and then back to Venice.
I'll be heading there again on Thursday. I'll check here before that tho.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I went up there for lunch today. Saw a red one riding in a group.
The traffic was sooo light, and the day gorgeous, I'm thinking I'll do this regularly, like twice a week during lunch hour. Mondays and Thursdays.
So, who works/lives in the west side who can get away for two hours during lunch to go play with me? 12:00-2:00pm.
Like I mentioned, only two hours from Venice CA, to the vista point, (with a gas stop) down to the rock store, up again and then back to Venice.
I'll be heading there again on Thursday. I'll check here before that tho.
I might play hooky from work this Thursday so will let you know.
If you don't see a post from me then you can assume that I'm putting out some blazing fire at work.:blob8:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Latigo canyon is my favorite up there.

Last time I was up there (November) I noticed allot of random oil spots in the middle of the lane, not the middle of the road. Can anyone tell me if they are still up there?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts