Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Official Matte Gray Thread

Show us your matte gray FZ-09's! They're starting to show up in the U.S. Have been waiting forever for Yamaha to come out with a capable sport triple.

Day1 (9/27/2014)

Day 22 (10/18/2014)

build tracked here. all mods in sig installed except ermax products.

edit: updated thread title with correct color name: 2015 Yamaha FZ-09 Specifications, specs

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is this one the "graphite"?
I was having a hard time looking for the official color name because it's not listed on US sites yet. I did't search international sites specifically but a quick google brought up a canadian dealership and they listed the color as I did. given this, graphite is the 2014 i believe.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just needs some blurple wheels! ;)
negative :p by the end of this weekend i'll have everything on the bike except the ermax nose fairing and the seat cowl. the fairing is going to take another 2-4 weeks for delivery. interested to see how it will look. have pretty much always had a bike with fairings and the pic seemed like it would look cool. no returns on it though so a crap shoot. C'mon. any more matte grey's? some folks outside of US have them...?

Reactions: Lee Drew

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bump. :)

Today's ride. 150miles, Santa Cruz, CA, Pacific Coast Highway 1.

70 degrees in November!

·
Registered
251 Posts
A few pics at different times. The 1st day I got the bike home, coming back from a run with the boys I ride with & after the cartridges were installed.

IMG_0215.jpg
121014 004.jpg
121014 150.jpg

Mods; OEM screen, Akra Ti, radguard, comfort seat, PCV, Graves block off plates, GP 25mm cartridges, Penske 8983 double clicker, DNA air filter, OEM tank guard, ASV shorties, OEM air scoop covers, relocated horn.

Still to do; led indicators, braided lines, tail tidy

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've yet to see someone with a matte silver
And don't be posting that silver in here either :p. Finally! some more matte gray's! My brothas!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
More shenanigans today in the California backroads.

100miles. Highway 9 to Skyline Blvd to 35 La Honda. And of course a stop at Alice's. Anyone else know the place? Two other 2015 matte gray fz-09's spotted in the parking lot. Beautiful ride today! No cars, other riders, etc. in front of me.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Ermax nose fairing and seat cowl. Whatcha think?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Another angle from my morning wood...I mean ride :cool:

Really like it.

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
The official color name is indeed Matt Gray, not silver or graphite. I am also a Matt Gray 2015 owner and will post a couple pics in a week or so after my Puig touring screen shows up and I install it. I'm very happy with the color, but have to say if I'd seen the Matt Silver first, I would have grabbed it. Very impressive combo with burple wheels. I do see the Matt Gray as more timeless though in that it won't fall out of favor any time soon appealing to more buyers when the time comes. I've also owned gloss finish bikes before and they showed every flaw including surface scratches as fine as those caused by wiping off daily dust. Not much of anything shows up on the matt finish.

Happy to see this thread appear. I was beginning to think I had the only one on this site.

Cheers!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts